To be a Democrat, we have to uphold some ridiculous beliefs. Here are some examples.
- Monumental prejudice is required to support identity politics. Only whites can be racist. Only men can be sexist. Only Christians persecute people based upon their religious beliefs. Only the sexually straight can discriminate based upon gender choice.
- Only MAGA Republicans are election deniers. Only Republicans steal elections. Democrats never steal elections. Whenever a Democrat is accused of election fraud, then election fraud suddenly becomes rare and almost nonexistent.
- Republicans are racists. Democrats are antiracists. Republicans and Democrats switched their views when Republicans adopted the “Southern Strategy.” That supposedly happened when Richard Nixon ran for office
- Republican leaders are incompetent, and Democrat leaders are great managers. That is proven by how well Democrats run our nation’s big cities and the fact that our border is under control. Don’t we need almost three million people from who knows where sneaking into our country every year?
- When Democrats raise lots more money than Republicans, even though they raise that money mostly from rich donors, that proves that those Democrat candidates are the people’s choice.
- Democrats believe in rules for thee, but not for me. During the George Floyd riots of 2020, in spite of the COVID regulations against gathering into crowds, Democrats had no problem with hundreds of large gatherings of rioters.
- Lying is okay for Democrats, but not for Republicans. During the George Floyd riots of 2020, Democrats had virtually no concern with violence against the police. Yet, they were happy to ban people from going to church, and they went bonkers over the January 6th riot at the Capitol, even making heroes out of the Capitol police, claiming that five had died because of the rioters, but none of the Capitol police died because of the January 6th riot, not one (https://justthenews.com/government/congress/democratic-leader-hakeem-jeffries-claims-5-police-officers-died-result-jan-6). They lie.
- Riots are only bad when Republicans riot and break a few things. When Democrats riot, kill people, start fires, and break lots of things, it is always for a good cause (https://citizentom.com/2021/01/07/perfectly-divided-and-therefore-conquered/).
- Democrats are loving and caring. They care so much for the American people, even those who cling to their guns and religion (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/14/barackobama.uselections2008). They feel sorry for President Donald Trump and his supporters. They don’t hate Trump and his supporters and demonize them. Trump and his supporters really are Satan and his demons incarnate.
Is all this going too far, a gargantuan overstatement? Have all the posts in this series just been ranting diatribes? Is it a vast exaggeration to say that Liberal Democrat politicians think of themselves as pure and perfect souls that we must docilely follow or be appropriately declared evil and ignorant fools? If you still think that then remember once again the words of the House’s Democratic Party Minority Leader, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries.
BUT I ALSO WANT TO MAKE CLEAR THAT WE WILL NEVER COMPROMISE OUR PRINCIPLES. HOUSE DEMOCRATS WILL ALWAYS PUT AMERICAN VALUES OVER AUTOCRACY. BENEVOLENCE OVER BIGOTRY. THE CONSTITUTION OVER THE CODE. DEMOCRACY OVER DEMAGOGUES. ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY OVER EXTREMISM. FREEDOM OVER FASCISM. GOVERNING OVER GASLIGHTING. HOPEFULNESS OVER HATRED. INCLUSION OVER ISOLATION. JUSTICE OVER JUDICIAL OVERREACH. KNOWLEDGE OVER KANGAROO COURTS. LIBERTY OVER LIMITATION. MATURITY OVER MAR-A-LAGO. NORMALCY OVER NEGATIVITY. OPPORTUNITY OVER OBSTRUCTION. PEOPLE OVER POLITICS. QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES OVER Q-ANON. REASON OVER RACISM. SUBSTANCE OVER SLANDER. TRIUMPH OVER TYRANNY. UNDERSTANDING OVER UGLINESS. VOTING RIGHTS OVER VOTER SUPPRESSION. WORKING FAMILIES OVER THE WELL-CONNECTED. XENNIAL OVER XENOPHOBIA. YES WE CAN OVER YOU CAN DO IT. AND — WE WILL ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.From => https://citizentom.com/2023/01/09/what-congressman-hakeem-jeffries-said-when-he-handed-the-gavel-to-the-new-speaker-of-the-house/
Please feel free either to object or to add our own examples in the comments.
See the Previous post in this series, WHAT LIBERAL DEMOCRATS WANT US BELIEVE ABOUT THE STUFF WE WANT (OR ECONOMICS).
See the previous post in this series. Please feel free either to object or to add our own examples in the comments.
Hakeem Jeffries speech is what the rest of the world would like to hear. Trump was a problem for the US and the rest of the world, that much was absolutely clear. Even non-Trump Republicans will endorse that speech because they realise the country needs to unite to move on and I think this attitude will always be a vote winner for the Democrats.
So, you like Hakeem Jeffries? You think that is the way we should pursue unity. With people who think like you what choice do we have? Hmmmm…..
Maybe I should adopt the tactics of Hakeem Jeffries and the Democratic Party. If you don’t give me everything I ask for, I am going to call you a racist, a fascist, and a vote suppressing thief. I will accuse you of throwing grandma and her grandchildren off a cliff, and I will frame you for selling us out to the Russians.
If you were the leader of the opposition and I truly had political power, then for no good reason, I would also make you like President Donald Trump. I would persuade low information voters, people who fear reading and watching anything except news media approved by The Establishment, the most hated man in the country. I would make up stuff and repeat it until people who refuse to know any better started to believe it.
I think you may not understand Tom. Stability and common sense will always win, for example having QAnon, Fox and Trump etc lie about the election and the Democratic paedophile ring of Obama and Clinton under a pizza shop along with many other lies that are seen as the most ridiculous accusations by most of the population and the rest of the world does not help the Republican cause, all it does is alienate people who believe this weird stuff. Obviously the Democratic party is going to take political advantage of this and ride it all the way. Sure you have some good sensible people in the GOP however they seem to be overridden by the ones who always continue with wild and stupid ideals and comments ruining any credibility the party ever had.
Who told you Fox and Trump lie? If you only listen to one side, the liars, and you never investigate what the liars tell you, then you are going to end up believing lies.
Look at what you just wrote. You didn’t try to refute anything I wrote. You just dredged up lies the so-called mainstream news media keeps repeating. Liberal Democrats and their news media allies are the only people who talk about that nonsense.
I beg to differ Tom with your assessment of reality, if Hannity, Trump and Fox are your only sources for accurate information and news I feel sorry for you. I think the majority of US voters not to mention most of the free world have shown that they have long memories and would also disagree with you.
I don’t think you actually read much of what I write, but I can guess why. You probably project your own way of thinking onto others.
Let’s sum up your argument in this last paragraph. Because your opinion differs from my opinion, then I must be wrong. The rest is just ridicule cast as phony sympathy.
What if the majority disagrees with me? Does that make me wrong? Do we have representative government because the majority is always right? Are you actually that ignorant? Of course not. When the majority disagrees with you, what do you think of the majority then?
Have you been following Elon Musk’s release of files from Twitter Inc.? Probably not.
BTW. Here is an “explanation” of Pizzagate. Essentially, the whole thing was an Internet rumor. Outfits like the BBC tried to make “extremist white nationalist alt-right” Trump supporters responsible for the rumor. In other words, they cherry-picked the Internet influencers spreading the rumor, and they probably slandered and libeled them too.
It is an unfortunate fact, but in the USA a public personality has a difficult time suing anyone who lies about them. Our Supreme Court came up with that dumb idea to protect the news media, and some of them have taken full advantage of it. Look into Nick Sandmann wearing a MAGA hat, a native American, and CNN, for example.
Thanks for the link.