To be a Democrat, we have to uphold some ridiculous beliefs. Here are some examples.
- Monumental prejudice is required to support identity politics. Only whites can be racist. Only men can be sexist. Only Christians persecute people based upon their religious beliefs. Only the sexually straight can discriminate based upon gender choice.
- Only MAGA Republicans are election deniers. Only Republicans steal elections. Democrats never steal elections. Whenever a Democrat is accused of election fraud, then election fraud suddenly becomes rare and almost nonexistent.
- Republicans are racists. Democrats are antiracists. Republicans and Democrats switched their views when Republicans adopted the “Southern Strategy.” That supposedly happened when Richard Nixon ran for office
- Republican leaders are incompetent, and Democrat leaders are great managers. That is proven by how well Democrats run our nation’s big cities and the fact that our border is under control. Don’t we need almost three million people from who knows where sneaking into our country every year?
- When Democrats raise lots more money than Republicans, even though they raise that money mostly from rich donors, that proves that those Democrat candidates are the people’s choice.
- Democrats believe in rules for thee, but not for me. During the George Floyd riots of 2020, in spite of the COVID regulations against gathering into crowds, Democrats had no problem with hundreds of large gatherings of rioters.
- Lying is okay for Democrats, but not for Republicans. During the George Floyd riots of 2020, Democrats had virtually no concern with violence against the police. Yet, they were happy to ban people from going to church, and they went bonkers over the January 6th riot at the Capitol, even making heroes out of the Capitol police, claiming that five had died because of the rioters, but none of the Capitol police died because of the January 6th riot, not one (https://justthenews.com/government/congress/democratic-leader-hakeem-jeffries-claims-5-police-officers-died-result-jan-6). They lie.
- Riots are only bad when Republicans riot and break a few things. When Democrats riot, kill people, start fires, and break lots of things, it is always for a good cause (https://citizentom.com/2021/01/07/perfectly-divided-and-therefore-conquered/).
- Democrats are loving and caring. They care so much for the American people, even those who cling to their guns and religion (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/14/barackobama.uselections2008). They feel sorry for President Donald Trump and his supporters. They don’t hate Trump and his supporters and demonize them. Trump and his supporters really are Satan and his demons incarnate.
Is all this going too far, a gargantuan overstatement? Have all the posts in this series just been ranting diatribes? Is it a vast exaggeration to say that Liberal Democrat politicians think of themselves as pure and perfect souls that we must docilely follow or be appropriately declared evil and ignorant fools? If you still think that then remember once again the words of the House’s Democratic Party Minority Leader, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries.
BUT I ALSO WANT TO MAKE CLEAR THAT WE WILL NEVER COMPROMISE OUR PRINCIPLES. HOUSE DEMOCRATS WILL ALWAYS PUT AMERICAN VALUES OVER AUTOCRACY. BENEVOLENCE OVER BIGOTRY. THE CONSTITUTION OVER THE CODE. DEMOCRACY OVER DEMAGOGUES. ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY OVER EXTREMISM. FREEDOM OVER FASCISM. GOVERNING OVER GASLIGHTING. HOPEFULNESS OVER HATRED. INCLUSION OVER ISOLATION. JUSTICE OVER JUDICIAL OVERREACH. KNOWLEDGE OVER KANGAROO COURTS. LIBERTY OVER LIMITATION. MATURITY OVER MAR-A-LAGO. NORMALCY OVER NEGATIVITY. OPPORTUNITY OVER OBSTRUCTION. PEOPLE OVER POLITICS. QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES OVER Q-ANON. REASON OVER RACISM. SUBSTANCE OVER SLANDER. TRIUMPH OVER TYRANNY. UNDERSTANDING OVER UGLINESS. VOTING RIGHTS OVER VOTER SUPPRESSION. WORKING FAMILIES OVER THE WELL-CONNECTED. XENNIAL OVER XENOPHOBIA. YES WE CAN OVER YOU CAN DO IT. AND — WE WILL ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.From => https://citizentom.com/2023/01/09/what-congressman-hakeem-jeffries-said-when-he-handed-the-gavel-to-the-new-speaker-of-the-house/
Please feel free either to object or to add our own examples in the comments.
See the Previous post in this series, WHAT LIBERAL DEMOCRATS WANT US BELIEVE ABOUT THE STUFF WE WANT (OR ECONOMICS).
See the previous post in this series. Please feel free either to object or to add our own examples in the comments.