If President Joe Biden was going to write a book, and he was going to write about something he knows about, what would the title be? Well, Biden plagiarizes everything. So, my guess is that the title of his book would be: The Art Of Shifting The Blame. Hence, the title of this post.
Why this post? The author of Let’s Recap The Responsibility For The Afghanistan Debacle | The Independent Knight, Doug, is happily spreading the Biden Gospel, and Doug apparently wrote his post to counter mine. If he wants to debate this way, that is fine with me.
Consider. How do the Utopians like Liberal Democrats justify grabbing all the power they want? They are going to make everything perfect, right? But no one except God can make everything perfect. Therefore, when anything goes wrong, the Utopians have to blame someone else for their failure to achieve what only God can accomplish. The Utopians must make a super villain, the arch enemy of the people, responsible. That is, we must be fooled into giving Democrats all the power they want.
If Donald Trump did not exist, the Democratic Party would have to create a Donald Trump, someone they could label an evil white supremacist terrorist, someone they could accuse of doing what they are actually doing.
Where is Doug getting all his nonsense? The so-called mainstream news media, owned and operated by wealthy crony capitalists, almost uniformly supports the Democratic Party. Why? The Democratic Party, the party of the hugely wealthy, never taxes or attacks the hugely wealthy, the people who contribute the most to their campaigns. The Democratic Party taxes and attacks small business people and high wage earners. Instead, taxing the rich, the Democratic Party rewards wealthy supporters with government goodies.
So, what is Doug‘s post about? So that “history can be the judge who to blame,” Doug cites two sources noted for their objectivity and political neutrality (that is sarcasm, of course), CNN (Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden: How four presidents created today’s Afghanistan mess) and Factcheck.org (Timeline of U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan).
Why is Doug letting history judge who to blame? The news media is watching an ongoing story unfold, and that story contains blatantly obvious Biden blunders. What news media is counting on is that Biden won’t do anything so awful they cannot cover it up. The news media hopes we will forget what Biden did by the midterm elections in November, 2022. The news media hopes that we will forget just how disastrously Biden managed our withdrawal from Afghanistan so that they can rewrite the history and tell us what to think about it. Meanwhile, while the evacuation of Afghanistan is still in progress, for the most part we will just get the story that Biden could not have done it any better because he was set up for disaster.
What are some alternative sources we ought to consider?
- Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan: This is the agreement that Trump negotiated with the Taliban. The agreement contains conditions that the Taliban were supposed to fulfill before we pulled out of Afghanistan.
- Associated Press exposes Biden’s LIES about the deal Trump made with the Taliban: Occasionally, someone in the so-called mainstream news media blurts out the truth. The AP observed: “But Biden can go only so far in claiming the agreement boxed him in. It had an escape clause: The U.S. could have withdrawn from the accord if Afghan peace talks failed. They did, but Biden chose to stay in it, although he delayed the complete pullout from May to September.”
- Was Biden handcuffed by Trump’s Taliban deal in Doha?: This is the AP story cited in The Right Scoop article above.
- Watch: In 2003, Joe Biden Defended Nation-Building in Afghanistan and Assessing Biden’s claim that nation-building in Afghanistan ‘never made any sense to me’: Biden has been in politics longer than most mature adults have been alive. Biden supported the nation building strategy in Afghanistan. Congress, not George W. Bush, also bears responsibility for keeping our troops in Afghanistan for two decades.
- Ex-Trump official Chris Miller says Taliban deal was a ‘play’ never intended to pull troops: Trump is a hard bargainer. He was willing to scrap the deal if that is what the situation called for. The deal with the Taliban was aimed at getting the Afghan government to negotiate. Good idea? Who knows, but Trump was not happy with leaving a complete mess. So, he left office with Americans soldiers still in Afghanistan, and nobody was shooting at them.
- Trump’s deal with the Taliban set the stage for the Afghan collapse: This article points unambiguously to the deal Trump signed. However, think! The collapse of the Afghan government started this month, and it all happened after Biden pulled out our troops. Because the Taliban were not keeping it anyway, Biden had months to fix the agreement, and he could have delayed longer.
- Fleeing Christians turned away airport Kabul amid fears Taliban religious violence: This is kind of an aside, but it underlines the problem of just abandoning Afghanistan. The Taliban will persecute lots of people with genocidal fury. That is their track record. We know this from experience.
Anyway, here is one of the comments I left for Doug.
Here are the facts, again.
- The jackass pulled out the troops BEFORE he evacuated the civilians. Who does that? Democrats.
- The jackass abandoned Bagram Air Base and billions of dollars worth of military H/W to terrorists. Who does that? Democrats.
- The jackass deserted the Afghan military. The Afghan military had been fighting for years and taken heavy casualties, but they had not given up. Yet many of these people cannot read. They cannot maintain the H/W we have given them. So, we had provided contractors and we took those contractors away. That is when they gave up. There never was 300,000 thousand Afghan soldiers. It was air support, not numbers, that gave the Afghan military an advantage over the Taliban. Democrats took that advantage away.
Check out several articles that show the scale of the problem.
Even when we left Vietnam, we at least gave the South Vietnamese a chance to fight on their own. Biden did not give a crap.
Nation building is tough work. Because it involves forcing other people (who don’t vote in our elections) to change their ways, it is generally a bad idea. Nevertheless, sometimes it seems like the best alternative. Was it a good idea in Afghanistan? Well, if we were not prepared to stick it out for another 20 years, the answer is “no”. Nevertheless, once we decided to pull out, we had to be prepared to pull out as many people as we could. Biden obviously was not ready to do that, and that is his fault. He had the resources, but he threw them aside. Apparently, he intended to abandon lots of people, including Americans.