We live in perilous times. Our leadership is worse than incompetent. Instead of trying to make our country work and failing, our leadership seems determined to DELIBERATELY tear our country to shreds. Perhaps our Supreme Court still maintains some vestige of sanity (a five to four majority, at best), but the majorities in Congress and that pair in White House seem to have lost their wicked minds.
The latest debacle is particularly damning. Even a sympathetic news median cannot figure out how defend President Joe Biden. When Biden ordered the abandonment of Afghanistan, he did not even bother to make certain all the Americans had gotten out. In fact, before he bothered to withdraw American civilians and the Afghans who had risked death to help America in Afghanistan, he ordered the only people who could be trusted to protect them out of the country. We can only guess what the Taliban will do, but the lives of tens of thousands of people are now at risk. These fall into four basic categories
- Americans, especially military contractors.
- The Afghans who helped Americans pacify Afghanistan.
- The Afghans who converted to Christianity. See THE TALIBAN IS IN POWER: BOB BURNEY ON THE TERRORS OF THE TALIBAN.
- Anyone else the Taliban feels like persecuting.
Biden began the debacle by abandoning Bagram Air Base. Bagram is critical because Afghanistan is a landlocked nation far from the ocean. Without Bagram, we cannot easily provide American ground forces close air support. A B52 bomber could fly in and drop a load of bombs from 30,000 ft (That’s not close air support.). Cruise missiles could be used to destroy fixed targets, but attack helicopters and the A-10 need to operated from some place within the country. That was Bagram. Therefore, all those troops we are sending back into Afghanistan are at a huge disadvantage. They are outnumbered, and they cannot call for help from above.
Think of the firemen and the police who went into the World Trade Center almost 20 years ago. Most probably had no idea how dangerous it was to go into those two towers. They just knew it was dangerous and people had to get out. So, they went in to help. If anything, the situation in Afghanistan is even more dangerous. Will the Taliban sense weakness and attack? With Biden in charge?
Since they won the last election, have the Democrats done anything right, for the good of our country? Consider some of the things our Democratic Party leadership has accomplished here of late.
- COVID-19 vaccines. Biden has tried to claim credit for the COVID-19 vaccines, especially getting people vaccinated. However, before the election Democrats made a point of saying they did not trust the vaccines because they were produced by the Trump administration. Now Democrats, using the Delta variant as an excuse, want to bring back masks and social distancing. Another economic lockdown and dubious episode in election security can’t be far behind.
- Economy. Democrats are paying people not to work. Reckless, unnecessary government spending, including the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the Senate passage of a $1 trillion infrastructure bill, is leading to surging inflation. Typical of Democrat wasteful vote-buying is a giant food-stamp expansion (The Democratic Food-Stamp Boom). Democrats even have this huge “human infrastructure” they would pass along strict party lines. They would abuse the budget reconciliation process to render the filibuster in the Senate meaningless.
- Energy. Thanks to the efforts made by the Biden administration to stifle oil production in America, gasoline prices have gone up. So, Biden has requested that OPEC increase its production? That’s a solution?
- Civil Rights. Promoting transgender “rights” the Biden administration wants biological boys in female restrooms and participating in female sporting events. Promoting indoctrination in Critical Race Theory, which is just plain racist, the Biden administration would even bring racism into our military.
- Border Crisis. The Biden administration is letting anyone across the border. Nations have borders because the people inside those borders have shared beliefs. The people inside can generally get along with each other well enough to live in peace. In USA that even means we don’t have half the population enslaved by the other half. Well, it seems the Democratic Party misses the good ole days.
- Demonizing the Police. In addition to defunding police departments, Democrats have made it so unpopular to be a policeman that there are not as many people seeking to be policemen. Of course, Democrats have not stopped at demonizing the police. Are you a white male? Well, that automatically makes you a racist and a sexist, unless you have have become a Democrat.
Anyway, I am not going to try to list all the nonsense the most divisive and corrupt politicians our country has ever known have accomplished. All I am going to say is that if the people who voted for corrupt, power mad Democrats don’t come to their senses, they will have to live with the wreckage of our country for the rest of their days and know in their hearts who is to blame. If half of the American people will not support and defend the Constitution, then our system of government cannot work.
- Here’s Joe Biden’s report card after six months in the White House
- High Gasoline Prices and Biden’s Confusing OPEC Request on Oil Production
- Democrats Got What They Wanted With Joe Biden: An Autopen In The White House
- Biden-allied group warns: Voters are largely clueless about POTUS’ accomplishments
- Pro-Biden Group: Voters Mostly Clueless About Joe Biden’s ‘Accomplishments’
- Fifty Great Things Biden Has Accomplished in less than half a year in office: Saturday’s GNR
- Biden Can’t Stand Prosperity
- Left Behind: Billions in U.S. Equipment for the Afghanistan Taliban to Use Against… Us
- Report: Taliban Overrun Bagram Air Base; Numerous ‘High Value’ Prisoners, Al Qaeda Members Freed
- Reports: Bagram Air Base Surrendered to Taliban, Imprisoned Terrorists Released
- Biden authorizes 5,000 troops for Afghanistan amid Taliban advance
- Biden Deploys More Troops To Afghanistan To Protect ‘Those At Special Risk From The Taliban Advance’
- White House: ‘Significant Number of Americans’ Remain in Afghanistan, Chaos Erupts at Airport