When this post, ARE YOU READY TO BE RULED BY BIG BROTHER?, starting here, got several lighthearted comments about being dragged off to an internment camp, I experienced a moment of bewilderment. Why? When I think of internment camps, I remember what I have read of the Nazi concentration camps and the Soviet gulags. Millions have died under the rule of totalitarian oppressors, and the people who currently run our country have given us too many signs of loving power too much to give it up.
Signs of loving power too much? In addition to the fact that we now have a government who wishes to engage in massive spending, these signs also include:
- Using the COVID-19 pandemic to severely weaken election security.
- Democrats, their news media allies, and even the FBI using the riot at the Capitol Building on January 6, 2021 to demonize Republicans. The rioters were stupid. They got almost no support from the massive crowd that was there to support Trump, but that doesn’t matter.
- Streams of executive orders. That includes opening up our southern border to huge masses of illegal immigrants including drug runners, human traffickers, criminals, and terrorists.
- Increasing efforts to indoctrinate our children, civil servants, and government contractors in divisive ideologies.
- Increasing censorship by the so-called mainstream news media and Big Tech.
- And so forth.
Therefore, I must admit I cringe at the thought of being sent to an internment camp. When things reach that point, the people in charge — fearful themselves — will be ruthless. They will brutally punish dissidents and anyone associated with them, including their families and friends.
So, I have some questions.
- Will we see Christians, Conservatives, and the like being sent to “reeducation” camps, even gulags and concentration camps, where prisoners are either systematically murdered or worked to death?
- Are you someone a power mad tyrant might see as a threat to his rule? How would you react to midnight raids by thuggish “security” police and the sudden disappearance of family, friends, and neighbors?
- To “protect” yourself, your family, and your friends, how far are you willing to go to “accommodate” the wishes of a power mad tyrant?
- What are you doing to prevent our nation from descending into such a terrible state?
Do I have good answers for any of these questions? No. Not really. That is why I experienced a moment of bewilderment. Fortunately, I remembered something Jesus once said.