Consider that caption. Lenin’s policies were pragmatic. Lenin’s pragmatic policies eventually resulted in the deaths of ten’s of millions. Good April Fools Day joke, right?
Here we have Part 2, the continuation of THE TOP TEN REASONS TO BE A DEMOCRAT, NOT! — PART 1 – Citizen Tom.
- I believe the mainstream news media tells us the Truth. I believe that the government is the font of wisdom and understanding. I believe that with the proper use of science and government we can perfect and save mankind from herself. See How we evaluated Americans’ trust in 30 news sources | Pew Research Center, The Concept of a Perfect System of Government | Mises Institute, and Aristotle – Political theory | Britannica.
- I believe in voting to protect my pocketbook. I believe we should vote to protect our pocketbooks. Thus, the unofficial slogan of Bill Clinton’s successful 1992 presidential campaign (Every Winning Slogan From US Presidential Campaigns, 1948-2016 (businessinsider.com)) was: “It’s the economy, stupid!” I believe that if a politician offers us “other people’s money” for our votes we should vote for him. After all, the rich are selfish jerks, and they stole that money from us anyway. See It’s Now Down To Trump Trying To Buy Votes (dailykos.com), THE TOP TEN REASONS TO BE A DEMOCRAT, NOT! — PART 1 – Citizen Tom,
- I believe that the USA began in 1619, that whites are inherently racist. I believe that we need to teach children to be ANTI-RACIST. I believe we should focus on our guilt for the sins of the past, that when we see someone we should judge them by the color of their skin, not the content of their character. After all, judging folks by their skin color is so much easier. See What critical race theory is — and isn’t – CNN and Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous ‘I Have a Dream’ speech: Full text | Fox News.
- I believe the ignorant masses are too stupid to run their own lives and spend their own money. I believe in government-run education so that everyone learns to properly accept the leadership of the best and finest among us. See America’s Cult of Ignorance (thedailybeast.com), It’s Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses – Foreign Policy, Ignorant Masses (forbes.com), Here Are 10 Reasons School Choice Is Winning | The Heritage Foundation, and 1 Samuel 8 NASB – Israel Demands a King – Now it came – Bible Gateway.
- I believe I am uniquely qualified to be a member of the Vanguard of the Proletariat. I believe that government should give me the power to make you do what I want. See Revolutionary vanguard – Conservapedia, Lenin: A Study on the Unity of his Thought by Georg Lukacs (marxists.org), and Socialism Requires a Dictator – Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org).
I believe I am uniquely qualified to be a member of the Vanguard of the Proletariat? Who believes such a thing? Well, for the time being we Americans still find it fashionable to hide our pride. Nevertheless, slavery has been the norm of civilization for all we know of the history of man, and it is a rare slave master who thinks he is less than his slaves. For most of human history, humility has been despised. Humility is usually something those higher in the social strata expect from their inferiors. Consider the etymology of the word “villain.”
c. 1300 (late 12c. as a surname), “base or low-born rustic,” from Anglo-French and Old French vilain “peasant, farmer, commoner, churl, yokel” (12c.), from Medieval Latin villanus “farmhand,” from Latin villa “country house, farm” (from PIE root *weik- (1) “clan”). Meaning “character in a novel, play, etc. whose evil motives or actions help drive the plot” is from 1822.The most important phases of the sense development of this word may be summed up as follows: ‘inhabitant of a farm; peasant; churl, boor; clown; miser; knave, scoundrel.’ Today both Fr. vilain and Eng. villain are used only in a pejorative sense. [Klein]
Those who fashion themselves as the vanguard, the elite, or royalty don’t think much of the people they supposedly wish to serve. That is because they actually wish to rule and dominate their lessers.