Is President Joe Biden an empty suit? What is an empty suit? Here are various explanations.
- What does empty suit mean? (definitions.net): Here usual definition.
- Empty Suit | Definition of Empty Suit by Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com): Here we have some usage examples.
- The term ‘empty suit’ originated in Broadway slang. – word histories: Someone’s ideas about the history.
- The Casual Catholic Man | The New Emangelization: An article that makes full use of the expression.
- Urban Dictionary: empty suit: I like the definition here, but note that the language used on this website tends to be unnecessarily vulgar.
Why do I like that that last definition? Consider the definiton .
Well dressed but shallow or ineffective people, particularly in the context of higher level male corporate employees or executivesUrban Dictionary: empty suit
Well dressed but shallow or ineffective? When we refer to someone as “shallow,” what is the issue? Don’t we believe that that person cares only about appearances? In the Bible, we have a story about the first king of Israel, King Saul. Instead of accepting God as their ruler, the people of Israel decided that they wanted to be like other nations. So, they demanded a king (see 1 Samuel 8), and God gave them the king they wanted. King Saul looked the part, but he was shallow and ineffective. King Saul lacked moral integrity. King Saul was not virtuous. He was was not honest or courageous.
To show the people of Israel the difference, God eventually replace King Saul with King David. The choice of David confused even Samuel, God’s prophet. When God had Samuel visit the House of Jesse to anoint one of Jesse’s eight sons as king, Samuel anointed the last son he saw, the youngest son.
And so David finally came before Samuel, and Samuel anointed him King of Israel. Of course, King David remained man, the great power he had as the King of Israel tempted him. Therefore, even though he was not a shallow and ineffective ruler, he still sinned.
Is President Joe Biden a shallow and ineffective ruler? Consider the speech Biden made last night, Transcript: President Joe Biden on the coronavirus pandemic (yahoo.com). Consider his administration’s factsheet, Fact Sheet: President Biden to Announce All Americans to be Eligible for Vaccinations by May 1, Puts the Nation on a Path to Get Closer to Normal by July 4th | The White House. Biden is taking credit for the accomplishments of the previous administration. President Donald Trump administration created Operation Warp Speed (Coronavirus: Operation Warp Speed (defense.gov)). That programs got several COVID-19 vaccines approved in record time and made the necessary arrangements to purchase and distribute the vaccines. Biden’s administration just continued the implementation of an EXISTING plan. In fact, when Biden took office, well over a million people a day were already being vaccinated.
- Biden slammed for taking credit for vaccine, not thanking Trump (nypost.com)
- Slavitt: I would ‘tip my hat’ to Trump’s Operation Warp Speed – POLITICO
- President Trump Drops a Truth Bomb on Joe Biden’s Outrageous Attempt to Take Credit for Trump’s Operation Warp Speed Vaccine (thegatewaypundit.com)
In fact this part of Biden’s speech is probably the most despicable.
Tonight, I’d like to talk to you about where we are as we mark one year since everything stopped because of this pandemic.
A year ago, we were hit with a virus that was met with silence and spread unchecked.
Denials for days, weeks, then months that led to more deaths, more infections, more stress and more loneliness.Transcript: President Joe Biden on the coronavirus pandemic (yahoo.com)
The denials came from DEMOCRATS. For example, when Trump shut down air travel from China, they called him a xenophobe, After attacking Trump’s coronavirus-related China travel ban as xenophobic, Dems and media have changed tune | Fox News and Yes, Biden absolutely did oppose the China travel restrictions and call them ‘xenophobic’ (washingtonexaminer.com). One of the reasons people remain suspicious of the vaccine is that as a candidate our current Vice President expressed her doubts about the vaccine, Vice presidential debate: Kamala Harris claims she won’t take vaccine if Trump recommends | Fox News.
Instead of allowing hiden, lyen, vote-buyen Lunch-bucket Joe Biden to take credit for things he did not do, our news media should be holding him responsible for the mess he is making. That includes:
- Restarting the stream of illegal immigrants and illegal drugs on our southern border.
- Reinstating the job killing Global Warming Treaty.
- Ignoring the threat posed by the Chinese Communist Party.
- Attacking our civil rights by deliberately confusing “equality” with “equity.”
- Promoting the LGBTQ agenda.
- Encourage the spending of trillions of dollars we don’t have.
- And so forth.
How did we get a president like hiden, lyen, vote-buyen Lunch-bucket Joe Biden? How did we get such an empty suit to lead us? A man who seems to have become more electable the more he hid in his basement? Consider
Every nation gets the government it deserves.Joseph de Maistre – Wikipedia
Thomas Jefferson put it this way.
The government you elect is the government you deserve.Quote by Thomas Jefferson: “The government you elect is the government you …” (goodreads.com)
We elect empty suits because we become empty. Unlike the people who first arrived in America on the Mayflower, we are shallow. We have ceased to be honest and courageous. We don’t love God with all our heart, strength, soul, and mind, and we don’t love each other as we love ourself.