When we wander off to holy war, we have to take the time to make certain that we know exactly who we are fighting and why. That requires us to use our ability to reason. The amount of effort required for us to think, unfortunately, is considerable and painful. Why?
- In humility we have to admit our limitations. “I” am not wonderful, important, or always right.
- Facts either dispute what “I” want to believe, or facts don’t mean what “I” think they mean.
- “My” assumptions need to be tested.
- “I” don’t always know enough to reason out the truth.
Since thinking does not always work out the way we want, most of us don’t like thinking very much. It is much more fun to get emotional and just blame someone.
So, what about MIKE LINDELL’S “ABSOLUTE TRUTH” FILM? Did Lindell just get emotional and blame someone for fixing the 2020 election? No. I think Lindell made a sincere effort to get at the truth, but like most of us he had a difficult time getting a handle on a very complicated problem. So, I recommend watching the film. This post won’t make much sense if you don’t watch the film.
What is the most glaring omission? Consider the amount of time the film spends on Antrim County, Michigan. Amazingly, the voting machines flipped votes from Trump to Biden, and there is really no doubt that this happened. Is this not a gotcha moment? No. Think about how the problem was detected. A hand recount did not match the machine count.
The basic problem with stealing an election is that paper ballot. It is not enough to rig the machines so that they flip the votes. That can be too easily detected in a recount. Once enough we see enough counties with recounts that don’t match up with the original count, we begin to suspect the results overall. A seriously flawed count in one county, unfortunately, has not proven sufficient to cause such a universal suspicion.
That raises a question about Lindell’s proof of absolute truth, that the Chinese and others hacked into our voting machines. What were they doing? And who is Mary Fanning? Lengthy tables and fancy graphics don’t prove much.
- We have to have supporting testimony from the people who collected Fanning’s data.
- We have to know what the hackers accomplished and how. When this data was collected, can we show that the voting machines in question were even on the Internet? What does the IP address of the target machine actually match?
One big problem is that by itself, adding or changing votes over the Internet does nothing to the paper ballot. So, it is possible to do a recount and detect the hacking. Hence, what election officials discovered in Antrim County is something of a distraction.
If the Chinese and others hacked into our election, what would they have done? The only practical reason for doing such a thing is to create matching records for paper ballots that were added to the system without any associated voter registration data.
Consider the problem of just adding piles of paper ballots to the system (see No, The Presidential Election Was Not Rigged by Hacked Voting Machines | Cato Institute). We end up with more ballots than people who submitted ballots. To “correct” that discrepancy, the hackers have to access the database that contains the evidence that a registered voter actually voted, not the record of the votes. That is why President Trump’s lawyers did not go with this theory.
Did the Chinese and others hack into our voting systems? Based upon Lindell’s film, I don’t know, but I think it would be far easier to submit hundreds of thousands of fraudulent mail-in ballots than it would be to hack into voting machines that might or might not be online. If we are not even going to verify the signatures of voters submitting absentee ballots, all that is required is a voter registration database with lots of people who don’t belong in it.
What do we know?
- We have Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s lawsuit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in the United States Supreme Court, AG Paxton Sues Battleground States for Unconstitutional Changes to 2020 Election Laws | Office of the Attorney General (texasattorneygeneral.gov). That shows a clear pattern of constitutional violations.
- We have Liberal Democrats proudly proclaiming how they “saved” our nation from President Donald Trump, The Secret Bipartisan Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election | Time (see also A LASER-LIKE FOCUS – Citizen Tom).
- At least some voting machines are online: ‘Online and vulnerable’: Experts find nearly three dozen U.S. voting systems connected to internet (nbcnews.com), Internet Connectivity in Voting Machines — National Election Defense Coalition, and Stop hacking by taking voting machines off internet | Commentary – Orlando Sentinel. This is asking for mischief, and it shows the people running our elections have not been very scrupulous about maintaining election integrity.
- Is China interfering in American’s politics? Even Liberal Democrat publications admit a problem: Is China interfering in American politics? (brookings.edu), Exclusive: 600 U.S. Groups Linked to Chinese Communist Party Influence Effort with Ambition Beyond Election (newsweek.com), China’s Influence Operations in the United States – Georgetown Security Studies Review, and China Is Buying Global Influence for Cheap – The Atlantic.
- China doesn’t have to hack our voting systems to exercise huge political influence. For example, our president has suspicious connections with China: Bribery conviction of Chinese exec linked to Hunter Biden upheld (nypost.com), Steve Hilton: Joe Biden Took ‘Billions of Dollars in Bribes’ from China (breitbart.com), A Collusion Tale: Joe Biden, Hunter Biden & China | National Review.
- We have years of Liberal Democrats doing everything they could (including stuff that was clearly illegal) to undermine the administration of President Donald Trump. Why no link references? If you don’t know about this by now, what am I supposed to do?
So, what do I think? I think it is probable that Liberal Democrats stole the election, and I think Liberal Democrats fear being caught. That is why we have intimidating garbage like this tweet from Michigan’s Attorney General.
Challenging the results of an election is routine. Even Democrats do it, Marc Elias and the Democrats’ Latest Anti-Voting-Machines Theory | National Review.
Following the 2020 election, Liberal Democrats and their allies launched a vicious campaign to stifle debate over the integrity of the election. Compare their own questioning of the 2016 election. Their hypocrisy is just absurd. Heads I win; tails you lose?
Should it be an article of faith that Conservatives always win? No, but it is not appropriate to believe Liberal Democrats will always win either. That is why we are supposed to have a constitutional republic, so we can each go about our lives without worrying about a sword of Damocles (see What was the sword of Damocles? – HISTORY) hanging over us. When we behave like tyrants towards each other, we live in fear. That is why we need to protect each other’s God-given rights. When we depend upon government to give us our rights, we cannot afford to lose an election. Then we cheat, or we can be rightly suspected of cheating.