Do you have the right to weep for your country? Consider that Jesus wept over Jerusalem.
What made think of this? I got this comment from here,
Who runs our nation has become bone of violent contention. Choose Democrat, Republican, Independent, or not at all, and we will infuriate someone. I chose to reelect President Trump, and when Trump claimed fraud I supported him. So, I am doubly damned by the Democrats. Since Democrats have won out, one would hope they would be gracious, but their call for unity has been as phony as everything else they do. Hardly a surprise.
Unfortunately, some of the leaders who supported Trump have grown afraid. Democrats and the so-called mainstream news media have hypocritically used the riot at the Capitol Building. Both Democrat politicians and the news media have used the riot as an excuse to display their murderous hatred of all things Trump. Their evident rage and the fears being stoked against Trump and his supporters are more than some weak men and women can bear. So, the weak are denouncing Trump. Instead, they should be weeping. We should all be weeping. Instead of choosing our Lord Jesus Christ, we are letting those who would rule us for their own gain choose for us.
In the days to come the Democratic Party will most likely seek to solidify its hold on power. Many expect that Democrats will use their narrow majority in Congress to vote to end the filibuster rule, add the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico as states, and pack the Supreme Court. If as many believe, Democrats stole the election, then we most certainly have unscrupulous leaders, and these actions will make it extremely difficult to get rid of them. Dark days are ahead, and for that we have every reason to weep. We are losing our constitutional republic, but our tears offend those who would be our overlords.
Such has happened before. When the Chaldeans sacked and destroyed Jerusalem, they carried off many of its citizens as captives. The following psalm records how they wept.
Would you be captive or free? Sometimes it is all we can do to refuse to sin. Sometimes it is all we can do to choose Jesus, but He is the Truth who sets us free.
- Democrats’ rule: Bow before them or burn – Washington Times
- David Horowitz to Newsmax TV: Free Speech Under ‘Assault’ | Newsmax.com
- NRA Files for Bankruptcy as Democrats Seemingly Prepare for Full Assault on 2nd Amendment (thefederalistpapers.org)
- Supreme Court Considers Kamala Harris Attack on Free Speech (pjmedia.com)
- Prosecuting Trump for incitement would set a dangerous precedent | Sullum – Chicago Sun-Times
- The 3 Rules of Hate Speech and the First Amendment – Reason.com
- Big Tech Bans Based on Leftist Officials’ Whims Would Violate First Amendment | CNSNews
- The Conservative Purge Won’t Stop With Big Tech by Todd Starnes (townhall.com)
- Big Tech is a big fraud with its bogus censorship – Washington Times