Like all words, “peace” is a word that means different things to different people. To some “peace” means agreeing to disagree instead of fighting over our differences. To others it means either the annihilation of or the subjugation of one’s opponents. Hence, when someone promises us “peace”, we need to know what they mean by that word.
Details about the January 6th attack on the Capitol Building are slowly starting to come together. Unfortunately, instead of trying to understand what happened, most of our leaders are more interested in fixing the blame on someone else. Why? Some of our leaders want to cancel or purge their opponents from the public square.
Purge? Why something so radical? How do tyrants gain control over a society? With lies spread through propaganda they divide us to conquer us, and it is amazing how effective propaganda can be. When people can control the information we have, they can control what we believe. What we believe determines who we trust and obey.
The Democratic Party portrays itself as the party of “peace” and caring for the poor, minorities, the disabled, the uneducated, and every supposedly disadvantaged group we can separate off into some sort of identity group. Why? Separating people into identity groups is highly divisive. Teaching children to see others in terms of their race, sex, ethnicity, and so forth teaches children to isolate themselves from others and cling to their identity group. When we are isolated into identity groups, these identity groups can be pitted against other identity groups. That puts leaders in the position of “referees”. As “referees”, our leaders get to create and resolve disputes and to pass out rewards and punishments.
To bring people together, we need to teach our children to value admirable virtues and pick their friends based upon the content of their character, not their membership in some meaningless identity group.
Remember when the Democratic Party use to support this quote?
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.Transcript of Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘I have a dream’ speech | Fox News
Do Democratic Party politicians still want us to see pass the color of each other’s skin? Then where is the evidence? Even though our racial divisions have almost no practical significance, Democrats constantly stress race, sex, ethnicity, and so forth. Hence the narrative that Trump’s supporters, white supremacists all, attacked the Capitol Building.
So what about what happened at the Capitol Building on January 6th? Why are Democrats so determined to attack Trump and his supporters? Division. Regardless of their race, sex, ethnicity and so forth, Democrats want to separate those who still believe in judging others by the content of their character. Democrats want Conservatives despised and regarded as hateful and bigoted identity group. The storming of the Capitol, because the optics are so awful and readily available for the so-called mainstream news media to broadcast as propaganda provides them with yet another excuse to destroy President Donald Trump and to punish and purge his supporters.
- Protests against Donald Trump – Wikipedia: Wikipedia has a history of the protests against Donald Trump. Compare that with the history of the protests against Barack Obama, Protests against Barack Obama – Wikipedia. The protests against Donald Trump started in 2016, and the malign and vicious harassment never stopped. Even in this Wikipedia article (Wikipedia is hardly favorable to Republicans), the word riot occurs 13 times. The worst riot, at least most likely the worst from Trump’s view, is described next.
- The Lafayette Park Protests And The Revision Of History – JONATHAN TURLEY: Here is an excerpt: “For two days, the violence continued with the burning of a historic structure, extensive property damage and the attempted burning down of the historic St. John’s Church. The attacks around the complex were so great that the President was moved into the bunker and officers said that they were concerned that the complex might be breached.” The Capitol Building is sacred to the Democrats and the news media, but the White House is not?
- Timeline of Capitol riots, from Trump’s speech to break in | 13newsnow.com: This news article begins with a quote using the word “fight”. Democrats love to claim that if elected they will “fight” for us. We elect politicians hoping they will “fight” for us, and that is the way Trump repeatedly used the word “fight” in his speech (Donald Trump Speech “Save America” Rally Transcript January 6 – Rev). The way this article uses the word “fight” to suggest actual violence. What that quote skips over with a “…” renders it complete nonsense. Here is how that article starts.
Just before noon on the day when Congress was convening to officially certify Joe Biden the next president of the United States, outgoing president Donald trump stepped on stage at the Ellipse to begin an hour-plus speech that all but marched his sea of supporters into the chaos that came next.
“You’ll never take back our country with weakness,” Trump proclaimed. “Demand that Congress do the right thing… fight like hell.”
And fight they did.Timeline of Capitol riots, from Trump’s speech to break in | 13newsnow.com
- Bail fund promoted by Kamala Harris won’t share records of alleged criminals it sprung from jail | Just The News: This bail fund promoted by Harris bailed out rioters this summer so they could resume their rioting. Should we impeach Harris using the same standards Democrats use?
- Rush to judgement? Three crucial questions remain unanswered about Capitol siege | Just The News: What questions? “What did Nancy Pelosi know? A prior plot or spontaneous riot? Were there inside facilitators?” Consider this peculiar observation. “And the official timeline of events constructed by the New York Times through videos shows protesters began breaching the perimeter of the Capitol a full 20 minutes before Trump finished his speech.” How could Trump incite a riot that already started?
- Why the National Guard was limited during Capitol riot (nypost.com): Practical problems do make things difficult. Not everything is a Communist or Nazi plot.
- The Challenges We Face – Restoring justice and conscience: Here is a new website looking at the challenges that divide us. Good website? Bad website? Time will tell.
- Democrats applaud social media that blacklists, censors and cancels thousands of Americans – Washington Times: Victor Davis Hanson wrote a short column that quickly gets to the point. Here is how it starts:
Two days after the 2020 election, a defiant Kathy Griffin retweeted the notorious picture of her holding a prop that looked like the bloody head of a decapitated Donald Trump. Earlier last year, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, tweeted out a call to his followers to destroy Israel. Both tweets passed the censorship rules of Twitter’s 20-something judges in San Francisco.
In contrast, Mr. Trump has been banned for life from Twitter and barred indefinitely from Facebook. Twitter said in a statement it excluded Mr. Trump “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”Democrats applaud social media that blacklists, censors and cancels thousands of Americans – Washington Times
Reblogged this on boudica.us.
I hear ya, Tom! I remember Nancy Pelosi trying to incite a riot and complaining that there weren’t more uprisings going on. I remember Kathy holding up that severed head. I remember having to board up all those shop windows for our “mostly peaceful summer of love.” I also remember our Chaz zone and how my local elected Dems invited them to town and sent them all free pizzas. W still have boarded up windows and BLM painted in giant letters on the st in front of city hall. Also, the best way to incite a riot is to lock people down in their homes, collapse their businesses, call them names, and take away their means of support. I’m actually proud of American’s for keeping their cool, for being brave and resilient, for doing their best to respect the law. We deserve a medal.
Got to get control of our local election systems. Everyone has to work his fingers to the bone taking control of his local and then state parties (Democrat or Republican, depending upon our preference). Not going to be easy, but we have no other real choice.
Yep! I’m with you, Tom. A group of Republican ladies just went and denounced our state’s RINO’s in a way that I thought was really cool. Hoping their example is contagious. 🙂
Why they had to be so swift, is much clearer