Part of the problem with debating with a Liberal Democrat is that they don’t actually think themselves as guilty of anything. They just care more deeply than you do. In fact, you need to be fixed. How do you know you need to be fixed? Think of the words that they use to describe you.
- Religious fanatic.
- Right-wing Conservative Christian.
- White nationalist.
- White supremacist.
- Stupid, ignorant, moron, and so forth.
Some of the insults are actually kind of ridiculously self-contradictory. Liberal Democrats like to portray their opponents as ignorant, bigoted and poor and themselves as well-educated and well-to-do. Yet they see themselves the party of the poor and Republicans as the party of the rich. Meanwhile, as much as they complain about the influence of money in politics, their campaigns never lack for plenty of cash.
Do Conservatives insult Liberal Democrats? Of course, we do. It would be ridiculous to suggest that President Donald Trump has never made fun of anyone, but we are not trying to fix Liberal Democrats. Who would know where to start? 😁 However, that does not seem to be our primary fault. We have it from an authority that our primary error is clinging to our guns and religion (see Obama: No Surprise That Hard-Pressed Pennsylvanians Turn Bitter | HuffPost).
Seriously, what is the real difference Conservatives and Liberal Democrats? Why would I complain that Liberal Democrats demand that everyone to agree with them? Consider the basic difference between Liberal Democrats and Conservatives. Conservatives insist that our rights come from God. Liberal Democrats believe that government gives us our rights.
Consider how Romans 14 begins.
The Apostle Paul lived in a society built upon slavery and patronage (Patronage | Definition of Patronage by Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com)). Everyone answered to someone, and everyone knew better to offend his master or patron by saying anything his master or patron might find insubordinate. Hence, when Paul said we must each as individuals answer first to an unseen God, the jaws of his audience must have dropped. The consequence of such a belief would be appalling suffering, and Christians did give their lives for refusing to submit to the demand that they worship the emperor. In time millions died for their refusal to render unto Caesar that which we owe God.
Christians see themselves as the Apostle Paul saw himself, a servant or slave of God. Thus, Christians regard each other as fellow slaves. A true slave is the master of no one. Even when God puts us in charge of others as parents, bosses, military officers, and rulers; our children, our employees, our military subordinates, and our People must answer to God first and foremost.
This is why we have a First Amendment.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.The Bill of Rights: A Transcription | National Archives
As citizens of a constitutional republic founded in Christian values, we expect our government to respect the right of each citizen to live in accordance with the dictates of his own conscience, not another person’s conscience.
If we believe government gives us our rights, what changes? Then our rulers become our ultimate masters. We may wish to define what is right and what is wrong in accordance with the will of the majority. We may say that what is good is that which brings the greatest happiness to all, but none of us has the wisdom determine such a thing for everyone else. Therefore, when we try to determine what is good for others, even through the will of the majority, the powerful decide what is good and what is evil, and they will acquire as much power as they can to exert their will.
What is the end result? If God is our master and He loves us, then we help each other. If the government is our master, then those who rule try to “fix” us when we don’t obey their will. Obviously, when we don’t obey our masters we must be bad.
Consider why Liberal Democrats hate President Donald Trump. What did Trump do that was in their eyes so awful? Instead of trying to fix people, Trump has been trying to fix problems. In the process, Trump has undone much of work of the previous Democrat administration. If you look at TRUMP’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS VERSUS BIDEN’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS – Citizen Tom, you won’t see much about forcing us to do things we don’t want to do. Instead, the opposite is true.
What kind of things do Liberal Democrats obsess upon making the rest of us believe? Consider that Democrats want to educate other people’s children in various ideologies: Secular Humanism, Multiculturalism, Environmentalism, Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality, Transgender Ideology, Socialism, historical revisionism as exemplified by The New Times‘ “1619 Project”, and so forth. Why? “Properly indoctrinating” other people’s children is easier than “rehabilitating” or “reeducating” stubborn adults.
Adults find it more disagreeable when the government:
- Uses the public school system to interfere with the efforts of parents to pass their own beliefs onto their children.
- Uses government funding of our university system to originate, refine, and propagate the strange and foreign ideologies we have increasingly found in our public schools, the news media, and in college classes.
- Uses taxpayer dollars to fund a so-called nonprofit news media to propagate beliefs that many find repugnant.
- Undermines the integrity of our election systems with such practices as: unconstitutionally changing the rules for an election, not enforcing laws requiring poll observers, using black boxes (computers) that limit the ability of poll observers to validate an accurate vote count, refusing to properly maintain voter registration rolls, undermining voter ID requirements, and promoting ballot harvesting in conjunction with voting by mail.
- Prohibits religious speech by defining preaching what the Bible teaches hate speech.
- Uses the hatred of all things Trump to encourage Big Tech to stifle free speech and freedom of the press.
- Uses taxpayer dollars to pay for the abortion of the unborn and sells their parts.
- Legislates a preference for the medical practice of euthanizing old people instead of trying to heal them.
- Borrows huge sums of money needlessly indebting future generations.
- Bombs other countries instead of out of staying out of foreign adventures.
- Implements policies that result in the shipping the jobs of Americans to slave laborers in China.
- Threatens the integrity of our culture and our constitutional republic by refusing to enforce and undermines statues that limit immigration, especially the immigration of the poor and uneducated.
- Funds Islamic terror by giving up 10’s of billions to the Iranian terrorist regime.
- Breaks our economy with the humongous costs of the Green New Deal.
- Encourages the neutering of, that is, the transgendering of children using hormones and surgery.
- Requires employee “bias training” that teaches white employees to hate the color of their skin and colored employees to blame their woes on the white race.
- Endorses perverse sexual practices by adults by giving the so-called LBGTQ community special rights using equity as an excuse.
- And so forth.
Complete list? No. Please feel free to add your own in the comments. Exclusive to Democrats? I wish.