Most people regard the year 2020 as a bad year, but what made it so awful? Consider the various reviews.
- 2020 in review: Trump, Biden, COVID, deaths, race issues, unemployment (usatoday.com): The word Trump occurs 35 times in this article.
- 2020 is a year we’ll never forget. Here’s why. – ABC News (go.com): The word Trump occurs 19 times in this article.
- Beyond COVID-19: Politics, legal news grabbed 2020 headlines – Washington Times
- From Impeachment to RBG to Election, 2020 Has Been a Political Hellscape (thedailybeast.com): The word Trump occurs 34 times in this article.
- 2020: World rocked by Covid-19, Trump and Black Lives Matter – Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East (al-monitor.com); The word Trump occurs 10 times in this article.
- Year in review: The stories of 2020 that shaped and shook Americans – Business Insider: The word Trump occurs 22 times in this article.
- The Year America Went Crazy (townhall.com)
- Coronavirus & New Year’s 2021: Lessons from the Plague Year 2020 | National Review: The word Trump occurs 6 times in this article.
- The year in review: Top news stories of 2020 month-by-month – CBS News: The word Trump occurs 17 times in this article.
What was the major focus of most of our elites? Getting rid President Donald Trump. This was the year of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS): Diagnosis and Treatment – American Thinker. Hence, the major events included:
- The impeachment trial of President Donald Trump. Obviously about Trump.
- The COVID-19 pandemic which crashed the economy. Democrats apparently shut down the Trump economy to discredit one of Trump’s major accomplishments. The so-called mainstream news media did everything it could to portray Trump, not the Chinese or Democrat rioters, as responsible for the spread of the virus. Only after the election were Democrats and the so-called mainstream news media willing to say anything positive about the vaccines that Trump got developed and approved in record time.
- The presidential election, including the Democratic Party primary elections. Remember how weirdly the Democratic Party primary elections ended. The contestants all abruptly conceded to Joe Biden, and that guy hid out in his basement.
- Charges of election fraud (which includes either fraud or incompetence in the Iowa presidential caucuses). For the first time in history, we had huge numbers of mail-in ballots. COVID-19 was the excuse, but the goal was to keep Trump from being reelected at any cost.
- The race riots. The so-called mainstream news media stopped covering the race riots once they realized Antifa and Black Lives Matter fanatics made the Democrats look bad, but why does the so-called mainstream news media portray the death of any black man at the hands of a policeman as racist? Was that all about Trump this year too? Yes. Trump threatened the Democratic Party’s monopolization of the black vote. Divide and conquer.
- The 400th anniversary of the 1620 Pilgrim landing. The 400th anniversary of the 1620 Pilgrim landing should have overshadowed the The 1619 Project – The New York Times (nytimes.com), but didn’t because of the so-called mainstream news media (listen to WMAL Interview – PETER WOOD – 12.29.20).
- The appointment of what many hope and many fear with be a fifth Conservative to the United States Supreme Court. This was Trump’s third appointment to the Supreme Court, and so Democrats are threatening to pack the Supreme Court using Trump as an excuse.
- Another major hack of our government’s computer systems. These hacks are coming from foreign powers, foreign powers that only Trump has shown a willingness to heartily oppose.
- Battles over keeping historic statues in place. We are fighting over how we look upon our history. Many propagandists would replace the truth, as best we can understand it, with lies like the 1619 Project. Only Trump has shown a willingness to preserve America’s history and heritage.
- President Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. As these articles observe, Middle East peace deals were Trump’s mission possible: Goodwin (nypost.com) and Morocco Formalizes Ties With Israel, Cementing Trump Legacy (pjmedia.com), Trump has been successfully helping Israel to get along with its neighbors. For that Trump earned multiple nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize (Trump Gets His Third Nobel Prize Nomination (pjmedia.com)). Nevertheless, except for nonsense like this, Trump Falsely Suggests He’s Won the Nobel Peace Prize – With the Wrong Medal (yahoo.com) the news media has buried these stories.
What is going on? Why the rabid bias and antagonism towards Trump? In a relatively sane society, we would mostly run our own lives. COVID-19 is a problem? Then as private citizens we do our best to quarantine sick people, and we would protect the vulnerable. We would not panic and abuse government power. We would not make everyone stay home, even people who are at little risk. Unfortunately, those deranged by their hatred of Trump see everything through their hatred. Therefore, the TDS crowd used COVID-19 as an excuse to seize powers they did not need just to get rid of Trump.
Why hate Trump? Relative to our governing elites, Trump is an outsider. He threatened their lock on power and their ability to use our government to enrich themselves.
How did Trump threaten the elites? He wasn’t trying to use his office to enrich himself. He promise to clean out the swamp monsters.
Why have so many fallen for the propaganda of our governing elites? Why do so many suffer from TDS? Most of us don’t know very much about American history. Consider this simple question.
Why does government exist? What justifies forcing people to pay taxes for a government?
Don’t know? The answer is in the Declaration of Independence.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —Declaration of Independence: A Transcription | National Archives
Do Liberal Democrats agree with the Declaration of Independence? Not anymore. Their answer now looks something like this.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that the majority must rule, that through the vote of the majority all men are endowed the right to be happy, that the government exists to redistribute the wealth from those with the greatest means to those with the greatest needs, thus maximizing the Greatest Happiness for All.–That to secure the right to Happiness, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —
How does the Liberal Democrat theory work in practice? Once we start down the path of unfettered majority rule we begin the transition from a constitutional republic to a majoritarian tyranny.
Majoritarian tyranny? How can rule by the majority be tyrannical? When we are forced to give up our right of self-determination to anyone, even the majority, we become the slave of the person or persons to whom we must submit.
Majoritarian tyranny is in practice a very unstable form of government. That is because in practice the majority must delegate all its authority to the government. When that happens, because the government controls everything, it controls the people. The people become dependent upon the government for both their material needs and the information they need to make any decisions, including their decisions about voting.
With respect to our material needs, consider our current situation.
- The Federal Government spends most of it money on retirement and health programs for the elderly (people who traditionally vote in large numbers).
- We have become more and more dependent on government funding to get the training we need to get a job.
- Many people are dependent on welfare programs, including unemployment insurance.
- Government spends a huge amount of money to directly employ people, including military, civil servants and contract personnel. Hence, government employee unions have a big interest in government and a huge amount of influence.
- Laws and regulations, including tax laws and regulations, reach into every walk of life, so much so that a major part of any business activity is knowing the applicable laws. This gives politicians huge influence over business men. That is why corporations donate so much money to politicians.
- And so forth.
With respect to information, consider our current situation.
- The government educates us. We have a “free” public K-12 education system, and our colleges and universities have become notorious as indoctrination mills.
- Most of the mass media is owned by about five corporations. These corporations, including several of the Big Tech companies, have been working in concert to promote the views of the Democratic Party.
- The government propagandizes us. The government pays for numerous advertisements in the mass media.
Therefore, stop and think. Are you a Liberal Democrat? Do you think Trump is some kind of tyrant? If you think Trump is a tyrant, why are so willing to vote for people who want more power over you? If you don’t trust Trump, who was so relentlessly investigated he could not have gotten away with anything, why would you trust any politician?