This “reblog” is CAN WE TRUST THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STATISTICS? — PART 3. Check out the previous two posts.
- CAN WE TRUST THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STATISTICS? — PART 2
- CAN WE TRUST THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STATISTICS? — PART 1
The public schools in our local area will start the 2020/2021 school year 100 percent virtual.
- UPDATED: Prince William schools to reopen with virtual instruction for most students (princewilliamtimes.com). The update observes that Prince William schools will reopen 100 percent virtual. Here is how the PWCS puts it, Preparing For The 2020-21 School Year (pwcs.edu).
- MCPS Forward: Return to Learn (mcpsva.org). “During its July 14, 2020 Special Meeting, the School Board of the City of Manassas approved a 100%, full distance learning opening for the 2020-2021 school year.”
Should the schools be reopened with the teachers and the children actually in the schools? There seems to be three issues:
- If we reopen the schools our children will get sick.
- If we reopen the schools our children, because they are super spreaders, will make everyone sick.
- We should wait until it is “safe” to reopen the schools.