What are those riots about? The ones that Democrat Congressman Jerry Nadler calls a myth (Rep. Jerry Nadler Brushes Off Antifa Violence As A ‘Myth’ (thefederalist.com)). Supposedly, they have something to do with the death of George Floyd. A policeman hired by Democrat run city, in a Democrat run state killed Floyd, and the video of the killing horrified everyone. So, apparently to take advantage of some people’s irrational rage, Black Lives Matters, a Marxist organization (see here), instigated “mostly peaceful” protests that — Surprise! Surprise! — turned into riots.
We still don’t know what motivated that rogue cop, but we do know there is nothing peaceful about Marxism. Never has been. Tens of millions have died because of that vile ideology. Nevertheless, Democrats have associated themselves with Black Lives Matters with all the enthusiasm they once adopted the KKK (see Ku Klux Klan (history.com) and 1924: The Wildest Convention in U.S. History (politico.com)), another mostly peaceful organization famous for lynching blacks.
Neither Democrat politicians nor their news media allies have disapproved of the violence. Instead, they have blamed the police and Trump.
Do these “mostly peaceful” protests make any sense? What is being protested? Are these “mostly peaceful” protests the logical follow-on to the work of Martin Luther King? No. King stood for something real and concrete, treating everyone as equal before the law, regardless of race. What do these mostly protests stand for? George Floyd or Marxism? Well, George Floyd was killed in a Democrat city by a policeman hired by a Democrat administration. If that rogue cop is representative of the police force in Minneapolis, whose fault is that?
As a practical matter these mostly peaceful protests represent people determined to have it their way no matter what the cost. The sin is pride.
Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven. ― John Milton, Paradise Lost (from here (en.wikiquote.org))
What have the Democrats and their news media allies been preoccupied with ever since Donald Trump won the election? Removing him from office. The riots are just one more way to get rid of Trump.
When Trump sent Federal officers into Portland, Oregon to protect Federal property, the Democrat mayor blamed Trump and those officers for the riots in his Democrat run state. Speaker Nancy Pelosi even had the gall to call Federal law enforcement officers stormtroopers.
Nevertheless, some people find it difficult to believe Democrat politicians could be so cold and calculating in their quest for power that they could lie. No. Only President Donald Trump could be such a liar. Haven’t the Liberal Democrat news media told us time and time again that Donald Trump is a liar?
Well, neither Democrat nor Republican politicians care much about us. Both are too ready to spend our money, but Democrats are worse. Here are two simple, obvious examples.
- The Democrats want to spend three trillion dollars, House Democrats Pass $3 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Bill (usnews.com). Democrats would just print the money they want to spend. Lots of it they would just give to political cronies. We have a fiat currency. Our currency has value only because we have to have it to pay our taxes. When Congress just spends and spends and spends, that inflates the money supply and makes our money worth less. Inflation devalues our cash savings and puts each of us into a higher income tax bracket. In the end, we are worse off.
- Democrats want to pay people for NOT working. See Fight emerges over unemployment benefits in next relief bill (thehill.com) and Stimulus Today: Unemployment Benefits Expected To Be Cut To 70% Of Income (forbes.com). What kind of politicians use the taxpayer’s money to pay people more when they don’t work than when they do?
So, why would supposedly decent people want to participate in those “mostly peaceful” protests. Well, there is this acronym that might help explain, LARP. LARP stands for Live Action Role Playing (en.wikipedia.org) game. We can pretend. When the real world becomes too difficult we can escape by pretending President Donald Trump is an evil archvillain and federal law enforcement officers are stormtroopers. We can don ninja gear and skulk into the night and pretend the FORCE is with us. If we do that, however, we will be working for the Dark Side.
- Three federal officers could be permanently blind after laser attacks from Portland protesters (washingtonexaminer.com)
- Fact check: More Black people died in 2019 police shootings than in George Floyd protests usatoday.com): The mission of Liberal Democrat factcheckers is to “prove” that Conservatives are liars and keep that racial hatred inflamed. In this case I suspect the Conservative was talking about the number of unarmed blacks shot by police (Fact check: Police killed more unarmed Black men in 2019 than conservative activist claimed (usatoday.com/story)). Does anyone benefit from violent and destructive riots?
- These Are The Police Officers Shot During The Riots (dailycaller.com)
- George Floyd protests (en.wikipedia.org): Since it is crowd source, the accuracy of Wikipedia is always suspect, but the article provides references.