Where did the word “woke” come and what does it mean? Well, there are various theories, but there is a common thread.
- Stay Woke (merriam-webster.com) is Merriam-Webster‘s credit’s Black Lives Matter (BLW) for popularizing the current meaning of “woke”.
- In Woke (en.wikipedia.org), Wikipedia, also points to BLW for popularizing the current meaning of “woke”.
Is being called “woke” a compliment? Maybe not.
- Where ‘woke’ came from and why marketers should think twice before jumping on the social activism bandwagon (theconversation.com) is an article by an expert in branding. Curiously, that article doesn’t mention BLW’ is a Marxist organization (see IF WE DON’T BELIEVE THE TRUTH, THEN WE BELIEVE LIES).
- How the word ‘woke’ was weaponised by the right (theguardian.com) blames the “right” for messing up the word “woke” for the woke, but author doesn’t mention that BLW is a Marxist organization.
- Opinion: It’s Time To Put ‘Woke’ To Sleep (npr.org) doesn’t mention that BLW is a Marxist organization either.
Surprisingly, given the article was in Salon, Why I’m sick of “woke” culture (salon.com) provided the most interesting comment on the woke culture.
“Let’s coin a new phrase: ‘get active.’ To be ‘woke’ for most African Americans, to me, is the equivalent of ‘white guilt.’ It’s usually thrown around by the offspring of black elites, either Ivy League or prestigious HBCU grads, individuals who have no consistent ties to inner-city African American communities, where many of the issues they take pride in fighting for are simply the everyday reality for those who have no other choice but to endure.” (from here (salon.com))
Still, the author of Why I’m sick of “woke” culture could not be bothered to mention BLM is a Marxist organization.
Think about this. BLW is a Marxist organization, and the “woke” Liberal Democrat news media cannot be bothered to take notice. Do Liberal Democrats even understand why Conservatives laugh or shake their heads when they arrogantly call themselves “woke”?
Unfortunately, most of the “woke” vote for Democrats. Most of the “woke” attend schools run by Democrats. And most of the “woke” get their news from the Liberal Democrat news media. Still don’t understand how of the “woke” can support BLW. They are not stupid. Haven’t they ever visited that organization’s website? Don’t they talk to each other? Don’t they know what it means to be a Marxist (see Marxism (investopedia.com))? I can only suppose that like the rest of us they are not as woke as they wish to believe.
God help us for we don’t seem able to help ourselves.
Are the demonstrations over? Well, the national news media’s coverage of them has diminished, anyway. Most of the news media seems to have figured out the “mostly peaceful protesters” were not making the Democrats look good, but not all politicians are that bright, NYC Black Lives Matter marches can continue despite large-event ban, de Blasio says (foxnews.com).
Anyway, do a search. See if you can find some local news reports of demonstrations.