I had a bit of “fun” last evening. I listened to the following video.
The president gets on the stage and gives his speech about 30 minutes into the video (transcript here (whitehouse.gov)). So, you can advance the video and skip the rest, but I think the rest is worth seeing too. The governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem, is an attractive lady with a sharp mind. I would not be surprised to see her on a presidential ticket in another four years.
What was Trumps speech about? Well, that seems to depend upon who we ask.
Here are some reviews by the Liberal Democrat news media.
- The 28 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump’s Mount Rushmore speech (cnn.com)
- At Mt. Rushmore and the White House, Trump Updates ‘American Carnage’ Message for 2020 (nytimes.com)
- Trump’s Mount Rushmore speech showed why our battle over history is so fraught (washingtonpost.com)
Here are some reviews of the Liberal Democrat news media.
- Brit Hume: Why biased coverage of Trump’s Mount Rushmore speech ‘could be a turning point’ (foxnews.com)
- Patriotism Is Becoming ‘White Supremacy’ (nationalreview.com)
If you want to know what the president said, I recommend listening to the president or reading his speech. I will just observe that Trump spent a large percentage of his speech describing what the four presidents memorialized at Mount Rushmore accomplished.
Does the news media lie to us? Do even our leaders sometimes lie to us? Yes. FARRELL: Benghazi Terror Attacks Led To Crossfire Hurricane (dailycaller.com) recalls an example of a lie that everyone eventually saw through, at least everyone who was willing to see the truth. Since then we have had several years of Russia! Russia! Russia! It is amazing that anyone still believes Liberal Democrat politicians or their news media allies, but some people do.