When Liberal Democrats declare the administration of President Barack Obama scandal free, Conservatives look like this.🙄🤔🤨🤣😣 No. Conservatives are not all of one mind. Conservatism is not about mindless conformity. However, as this article points out, the Obama administration had plenty of scandals, Obama’s ‘Scandal-Free Administration’ Is a Myth (wsj.com).
It is an unfortunate fact. Many of America’s politicians grasp for power using any means available to them. Many of America’s politicians also leave office far wealthier that their government salaries can possibly explain. That includes the leader of that scandal-free administration. Here we see articles like this.
- Think Obama Administration Wasn’t Corrupt? Think Again (investors.com)
- Joe Biden parrots laughable falsehood that the Obama administration was scandal-free (washingtonexaminer.com)
- Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State (apnews.com)
- Feds received whistleblower evidence in 2017 alleging Clinton Foundation wrongdoing (thehill.com)
- What Hunter Biden did on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma (reuters.com)
Even when our glorious leaders don’t do anything definitively illegal, many most certainly don’t do what it takes to avoid the appearance of corruption, which, by the way, is what they require of government employees and military personnel. Moreover, it seems whether they are corrupt or not politicians seem to leave office far wealthier than when they first took office. Hence, because holding political office can be such a munificent prize, we see ferocious verbal and written political battles. Both news media and political campaign partisans seek to define their opponents as the most corrupt creatures ever to walk on God’s green earth.
Has our latest president, President Donald Trump, had plenty of scandals. Yes.
- All the President’s Scandals: As Ukrainegate dominates headlines, Democrats need to make the case that Trump’s corruption goes much deeper.(thenation.com)
- 50 Moments That Define an Improbable Presidency (theatlantic.com)
- It’s nearly impossible to track all the scandals swirling around Trump (cnn.com)
- LEST WE FORGET THE HORRORS: A CATALOG OF TRUMP’S WORST CRUELTIES, COLLUSIONS, CORRUPTIONS, AND CRIMES (mcsweeneys.net)
- Trump Team’s Conflicts and Scandals: An Interactive Guide (bloomberg.com)
Liberal Democrats and their news media allies have accused Trump and his supporters of everything they can think of. The only problem is that the news media has suffered a credibility problem. In particular, because charges of Russian collusion have collapsed, their bias and hypocrisy have become all too obvious. Therefore, the crony capitalist news media now complains that Trump’s scandal are so numerous that we the people are just too stupid to keep track of all Trump’s scandals. Yet if we carefully investigate some of these scandals, the thing we find most amiss is the news media’s interpretation.
Has this sort of thing happened before? Yes. Unfortunately, because we settle our disputes with ballots instead of bullets, various news organizations tend to take sides and server as the propaganda organs of one of political parties. Consider The Politics of Personal Destruction (quoteinvestigator.com). This article answers a question.
Was Clinton the first to mention the politics of “personal destruction”? (from here)
So what do we do? If we cannot trust the news media, how do we figure out who to vote for? I wish I knew. I don’t have an easy answer. All I can say is that we must crosscheck our sources. If you find a news source that repeatedly lies or tries to mislead you by leaving out important information, don’t bother with it any more. Biases is not a big problem, but dishonesty is.