Why? What’s the difference between the two? Well, if we look at their websites, we can see both gentlemen take a similar stand on the issues. Meyer just promises to spend a lot of money and still cut taxes.
What do I like about Higgins?
- When he announced, he quickly picked up the endorsements of Senator Sick Black and former Delegate Bob Marshall. Latter, he even got the endorsement of radio talk show host Mark Levin. These are gentlemen who opinions carry weight.
- Higgins is unafraid to take a stand to defend our culture. He stood up for the Civil War memorials (see here). He has taken serious flack for his stance on immigration (see here).
- Higgin has made the right sort of enemies (see here). bluevirginia.us is a flaming Liberal Democrat website.
What do I dislike about Meyer? Well, I don’t dislike him. I like Higgins more.
- Meyer does not seem to understand that we cannot solve our nation’s money problems unless we deal with the social/cultural degeneration. Democrats (and some Republicans) are breaking the bank because of the money they want to spend on social programs. They won’t defend our borders because they don’t love what makes our country special. Consider an example of the flack has has given President Donald Trump, Are Trump’s cultural victories over the Left helping his agenda? This is stupid!
- There is little advantage to having Meyer on the Republican team. He actively condemns the leader of the party (see here). He often seems to have more ferociously negative things to say about Republicans than Democrats (see here and here).
Is Higgins perfect choice? No, but he doesn’t seem to be as driven by personal ambition or the desire for media attention. I also think Higgins has the best chance of winning. The Republican base will turn out for him. So I think Higgins is the better choice.
Please vote on June 11th, and please vote for Geary Higgins.