“Tolerance” has become a big deal in our society, but what does the word actually mean? Well, I have written lots of posts on the subject (see a list of some of those posts at the bottom), but I have never written for this series. Since I have gained a new insight, now seems a good time for that post.
What is this new insight? Some people just want to get their own way, and they don’t like anyone who gets in their way. If they gave the matter any thought, such people would define “pragmatism” as getting their own way and destroying the opposition. This is seriously vicious and stupid, but let’s start off with the seriously funny part of it. Enjoy the video.
Am I going to try to explain the intolerance of the supposedly tolerant? No. Don’t read minds. I will just use illustrations.
Pete Buttigieg is a man who sounds, at least when compared to the rest of the Democratic presidential field, reasonable. He isn’t. He sounds like he is trying to stand for something, but his real campaign skill is making intolerance sound reasonable.
Here is a video of Buttigieg sounding reasonable.
Here are more articles demonstrating how Buttigieg attacks his opponents.
- ‘He knows better’: Pete Buttigieg has made Mike Pence his target, and the vice president isn’t pleased (washingtonpost.com).
- Judge Pete Buttigieg Wisely (johnbranyan.com)
- Pete Buttigieg doesn’t get to make up his own Christianity (washingtontimes.com)
- Pete Buttigieg: Mike Pence Has Gone From Religious Conservative To “A Cheerleader For The Porn Star Presidency” (realclearpolitics.com)
- When the bully gets smacked (washingtontimes.com)
- The Reckoning of Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center (newyorker.com)
- Claims of workplace racism, harassment stretch back decades at Southern Poverty Law Center (al.com)
- THE SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER IS EVERYTHING THAT’S WRONG WITH LIBERALISM (currentaffairs.org)
- Southern Poverty Law Center president resigns after a co-founder was fired (cnn.com)
Congresswoman Ilhan Omar
What’s our last example? Ilhan Omar speech about “some people did something.”
It is kind of interesting that progressive women of power, congresswomen of all people, expect to be taken seriously when they constantly attack others and then portray themselves as victims. The funniest thing about this whole hullabaloo is Democrats’ complaints about Omar receiving death threats. After all the nonsense Democrats have repeated about President Donald Trump and other Republicans, they are worried someone might receive death threats? Do they worry about that when they charge Trump with absurd crimes and compare him to Hitler?
By the way, the organization Congresswoman Omar was speaking about, CAIR, actually is associated with terrorists.
- Is CAIR a Terror Group? (nationalreview.com)
- ‘Some people did something’: Rep. Omar’s remarks in context (washingtonpost.com)
- Ilhan Omar’s pathetic bid to play victim after she downplayed 9/11 and Ocasio-Cortez defends Omar over 9/11 comments, rips Post cover (nypost.com)
- Ilhan Omar has had spike in death threats since Trump attack over 9/11 comment (theguardian.com)
What does tolerance look like? Check out The Intolerance of Tolerance (str.org).
Previous posts on tolerance.
- TOLERANCE VERSUS AFFIRMATION
- WAS IT ABOUT TOLERANCE? NO. IT WAS ABOUT FORGIVENESS
- WHEN “TOLERANCE” IS BASED UPON LIES, WHAT IS VIRTUOUS ABOUT IT?
- ZERO TOLERANCE FOR TWAT TWADDLE?
- A BIT OF POETRY: RATED T FOR TOLERANCE
- HOMOSEXUAL RIGHTS AND LIBERTY — ENFORCED TOLERANCE VERSUS FORBEARANCE
- AN EXAMPLE OF TOLERANCE
- HOW “REASONABLE” PEOPLE EXCUSE THEIR INTOLERANCE
For additional posts in this series, see OF TWISTED WORDS => FEMINISM.