Is there a difference between equality and equity? Which is more important? When we talk about equity, we use terms like need, want, and earn. When we speak of equity, which is pertinent? When government gives someone what they need or want, is that the same as giving them what they have earned?
- Isn’t there an important difference between charity and a right?
- Isn’t there an important difference between forcing someone to accept our demands and their right to be left in peace.
In my last post, TOLERANCE VERSUS AFFIRMATION, we suffered a long and windy debate on same-sex marriage. Didn’t change any minds. However, I hope we at least have a better idea of why we believe we what what believe.
Why is this subject important? What Liberal Democrats propose constitutes a direct assault on religious liberty. The proof of that is in legislation they want to pass. Consider the S.1006 – Equality Act.
- NBC News covered the glorious announcement, Democrats reintroduce Equality Act to ban LGBTQ discrimination.
- We have Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s promise, The Advocate: The Equality Act Is Just the Beginning.
- We have “proof” from academia the bill is needed, Why the US needs the Equality Act (thehill.com).
- Because of the seemingly inevitable march of LGBTQ “rights”, some wonder why the legislation is needed, Congressional Democrats Reintroduce LGBT-Protecting Equality Act (reason.com).
- Others have more serious concerns. Don’t fall for the ‘Equality Act’ (washingtonexaminer.com).
Most astonishingly, the “Equality Act” includes next to no exemptions for religious liberty. While no Catholic priest could be compelled by the “Equality Act” to perform a same-sex marriage, for example, Catholic Charities would see any claim to federal funds eliminated as long as they enforced moral policies in line with Church doctrine.
- Others observe more mundane forms of insanity. Republicans slam Equality Act for its broad language, potential sports issues (washingtontimes.com).
- There is much bragging by Liberal Democrats about all the states that have adopted LGBTQ “protections,” but Conservatives suggest we look at the results carefully. Look to States for Preview of Havoc the ‘Equality Act’ Would Wreak (dailysignal.com).
- Fortunately, the Senate doesn’t seem interested in taking up the bill, even Joe Manchin won’t support LGBTQ protection bill (politico.com).
Note that if you search on this subject with Google or Bing the vast majority of the hits you get will be articles favorable to the passage of the S.1006 – Equality Act. What that proves is that the news media and perhaps even the search engines are heavily biased on this issue. Why? It seems to have something to do with a secularized education. The people in the news media don’t even seem to understand the concept of religious liberty.
Thank you for this explanation of the bill
Reblogged this on Faithful Steward Ministries and FSM Women's Outreach.
Good post Tom. It’s a bit frightening yet not surprising to me the lengths Democrats will go to divide the country up further by introducing vote pandering legislation like this. Oh sure Republicans are not innocent here either, but the Dems are masters at manipulating one group of people in to thinking they are being wronged by another who must be clubbed down by their dreadful proposals that affront the constitution and create much angst.
I guess it’s nice they are giving us a preview of what’s to come in 2020 if voters return them to power, but itworries me how too many supposedly smart people fall for it.
Seems to me the House has one goal for the next two years. Propose everything under the sun to lure ever one possible who is devoid of reality to vote Democrat in 2020.
The Senate won’t take up this Bill and the Dems know it but will use state in the next election something to the effect the Dems are for equality but the GOP is not.
Notice I used the word lure, same as a fisherman uses a sparkling object to lure fish to get caught.
In a recent post, I wrote what a columnist revealed the Democrats wanted to do in the last election, in the House. They were successful because there is a lot of fish that are being lured with promises of freebies by the Dems. (Fish is a slang name used by conmen similar to marks or rubes)
I am posting a similar “equity” or lure about Medicare for All tomorrow. We seem to be on the same wavelength on the subject of equality vs. equity.
Regard and good will blogging.
Demagogues have always made politics a con game. As a wise man once wrote with the inspiration of our Lord, nothing new under the sun.
My husband’s birthday was last month and we purchased a cake from the Masterpiece Cakeshop (owned by Jack Philips). It was really well done, and delicious. It looks like he isn’t taking any orders for wedding cakes now at all. Which is a shame, as he was the Knot’s Best of Weddings Pick for 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2012.
You go into the shop and it’s very obviously Christian-centered.
I suspected the reason he was targeted by the “couple” who wanted a rainbow pride wedding cake, but after visiting the shop I’m more certain that is the case.
I gave him a 35 percent tip.
Good for you! Happy birthday to your husband.
Thanks Citizen Tom! 🙂