I am not surprised I missed this. Not one of those things the MSM had much interest in covering. Nevertheless, Trump signed an interesting bill on December 11, 2018.
This move was a long overdue one; correcting a policy enacted by Barack Obama and John Kerry that was responsible for the deaths of thousands of Christians and other religious minorities in the Middle East. On Friday, the President signed HR 390, The Iraq and Syria Genocide and Accountability Act of 2018 into law. Vice-President Pence and US Ambassador to the Vatican were present at the signing ceremony. (continued here (nightwind777.blogspot.com))
Night Wind obviously did not think much of the Obama administration. It may be an overstatement to say that the Obama administration was responsible for the deaths of thousands of Christians and other religious minorities. Nevertheless, Obama and his State Department put together a useless and feckless policy.
What coverage was there of the signing ceremony? Well, Obama’s adoring fans mostly ignored the event.
- Trump signs bill to help religious minorities in Iraq, Syria (washingtonpost.com): Here was a tidbit, an AP report.
- A Powerful Mechanism To Respond To The Atrocities Perpetrated In Iraq And Syria (forbes.com): This was the top hit in Google. The author refers to ISIS as Daesh. I wish the news media could pick an name for that sadistic bunch of killers and stick to it.
- Remarks by President Trump at the Signing Ceremony for H.R. 390, Iraq and Syria Genocide Relief and Accountability Act of 2018 (whitehouse.gov): Here is a record of President Trump’s remarks. Naturally, the news media wanted to talk about something else. Since what Trump had to say was interesting anyway, his remarks are worth reading.
- ‘Victory for Victims’: Trump Signs Genocide Relief Act for Iraqi and Syrian Christians (ncregister.com): This is fairly detailed. Christian new outlets had most of the coverage.
- Donald Trump Signs Genocide Relief Act for Christians in Iraq and Syria (breitbart.com): Breitbart at least had the decency to cover the signing.
Think about this. Muslim terrorists have almost driven Christians out of large portions of Iraq and Syria. This is part of the world where Christianity had its beginnings, and what has the MSM been doing? Covering the story? Not exactly. For some inexplicable reason we were supposed let more Muslims into the United States and almost ignore the murder of thousands of Christians.
Did the MSM cover the atrocities against Christians? There are stories out there. Google christian refugees isis Iraq syria. What is interesting, however, is the number of reports from Christian news sources.
Here is a Washington Times report from last month, Horror of Islamic State revealed as Iraq, Syria reclaim occupied lands (washingtontimes.com). It describes a mess.
We had our troops in place. Then we pulled them out and for no good reason. All we did is leave a power vacuum, and some really awful people moved into that vacuum. Yet the MSM still wanted us to vote for Hillary Clinton, that brilliant lady who helped to instigate an Arab Spring. Perhaps that explains the MSM’s coverage.