How do we recognize a bad idea? It doesn’t work? Look around our country? Are the people who rail against others, making demands, twisting arms, bending the rules to win, lying and so forth actually enjoying any sort of victory? Does vigorous and uncompromising hatred actually get us anything that we want? No? Yet more and more vigorous and uncompromising hatred is where our politics are headed.
So is that what we are going to talk about? Vigorous and uncompromising hatred? The unending investigation into supposed collusion with the Russians? All the allegedly stolen elections. Scandals perpetrated within the IRS, the DOJ, the FBI,…. Sanctuary cities? Exploding government budgets? All the innumerable, monumental causes for strife in America? No.
Here we will talk about little things. We fight over little things too these days. People have always fought over little things that become big things.
- ColorStorm is upset over the stupid attacks on Christianity and the Bible. So he has been writing a series of posts. Here is his latest, They are soooo not worthy……. Is attacking anyone? No. He is just doing his best to point to some obvious ignorance. What big thing will this ignorance eventually lead to? Well, freedom of religion is a Christian, not an Atheist idea.
- Some of the fights are ridiculously mean and petty, design to excuse and display undisguised contempt. insanitybytes22 speaks about The Conspiracy of Red Trees. Her post points to the fact that in the eyes of some, especially the Liberal Democrat news media, the Trumps cannot do anything right. ‘CHRISTMAS FROM HELL’: CRITICS MOCK MELANIA’S CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS FOR SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR (dailycaller.com) provides some background. Here is a review of the decorations, OPINION: TOP 5 TAKEAWAYS FROM MELANIA’S 2018 ‘AMERICAN TREASURES’ CHRISTMAS DÉCOR (dailycaller.com).
- Some of the fights are over creative evidence. In They are barefoot and choking on tear gas, Running the Race takes the time to “admire” some interesting camera work by the mainstream news media (MSM). Instead of helping us to understand what actually happened, the MSM apparently thinks its job is to propagandize us with faked photos, to fill our heads with lies to excuse our hatred.
- In Time to Get Rid of Safe Spaces, Tricia compares the toughness of the generation that fought WW II with today’s young people. She wonders how a generation that has been so ridiculously “protected” would deal with a serious crisis. Instead of teaching them to serve, today we teach young people to protect their self-esteem. Their self-esteem? Why? Well, is not any action justified to protect our self-esteem?
What is the problem? Why don’t people see through the nonsense?
- It’s beginning to sound a lot like…. by Salvageable and the other story… by Julie (aka Cookie) speak of two different views of Christmas, two different views of Jesus. One view of Christmas sees a holiday, a day to receive gifts, play and eat good food. The other view sees Christmas as a holy day, the day the God who loves us came among us and began to show us just how much He loves us.
- What does love do for us? How important is it for us to love? Living from Joy by Mel Wild considers the meaning of love from a Biblical perspective.
How do we recognize a truly bad idea? Our worse ideas appeal to our pride, not our love and concern for family, friends, and neighbors. Consider Jesus Christ. What did He do to make that first Christmas Day happen?
Philippians 2:5-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Humbled and Exalted Christ
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [b]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Some time back I wrote a series of posts reviewing a book. Here is the last post, WHO IS THIS MAN? by JOHN ORTBERG — PART 7. What did Ortberg write about? He explained just how profoundly Jesus’ teachings altered Western Civilization.
Jesus explained we are all God’s children. He taught that God made every man, woman, and child in His image and likeness. Jesus revolutionized the world by elevating the importance of loving one’s neighbor over pride in one’s self.
Even after 2,000 years Jesus’ teachings are still spreading around the world and changing how people relate to each other. Unfortunately, America’s schools and mass media now hide what Jesus taught, and too many parents don’t know enough to complain and take charge of the education of THEIR children. Because we have become too proud of our self, we are building up to a crisis in America. We are fighting more and more over the most petty and stupid things.