Here is Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s opening statement in response to the allegation that he committed sexual assault against Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.
What do I think? I think that if we manage to turn our nation around Kavanaugh’s statement will stand out as a significant milestone. Here a brave man stood up to character assassination by members of a panel of senators, some of the most powerful people in the world. Kavanaugh called those senators out for THEIR BAD CONDUCT. The United States is one of the few places in the world where such a thing can still happen.
My view, however, is not share by all. See for yourself.
- Seriously! What Did It Accomplish? (lobotero.com)
- Read: Brett Kavanaugh’s angry, emotional opening statement (vox.com)
- Kavanaugh (insanitybytes2.wordpress.com): Not totally clear that IB listened to Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s opening statement.
- Kavanaugh delivers fiery, emotional opening remarks in Senate hearing, claims his life has been ‘totally and permanently destroyed’ (businessinsider.com)
- Brett Kavanaugh Offers Fiery Defense In Hearing That Was A National Cultural Moment (npr.org)
- The Pernicious Double Standards Around Brett Kavanaugh’s Drinking (theatlantic.com): This article illustrates the utter determination some have to destroy the man.
- The Republicans put on quite a show (jacksonsun.com)
One of the things that amazes me is that some Democrats appear to believe that Republicans WANT to put a would-be rapist on the Supreme Court. If Kavanaugh was guilty of anything, Democrats had ample time to prove it, but they sat on Dr. Ford’s letter. Obviously, they did not believe the lady. Yet Democrats now want an FBI investigation? When Republicans call this charade a delaying tactic, that obviously makes more sense.
Sadly, Liberal Democrats appear to be lying. It isn’t Kavanaugh they have a problem with. Their problem is with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
We have an election scheduled for November 6, 2018. I hope voters will listen to Judge Kavanaugh and think about what Democrats have done to the man. Because Kavanaugh respects the Constitution, Democrats have done everything they could, including peddling malicious gossip, to keep Kavanaugh off the Supreme Court. When are we going to punish these people at the polls?