Curious, I started looking around. This should be a big story, but it is not. Here are some other sources:
- Exclusive: Broward County’s $100 million failure on school safety (thehill.com)
- Broward Student Lays Out Devastating Case Against School Board For Neglecting School Safety (dailywire.com)
- School districts struggle to comply with new law. They’re short of cash and cops. (miamiherald.com)
- Report: Broward County Grew Increasingly Unsafe as Obama-Era Discipline Policies Protected Minority Students (breitbart.com)
- Broward student publishes damning evidence proving Broward school officials neglected school safety (theblaze.com)
If you think this is a story that folks need to read about, please spread it around. Otherwise, I doubt the big media will give it much attention.
Note the element of government corruption. A corrupt government is extremely difficult to get rid of. That’s one reason we don’t want to put the government in charge of things we don’t need government to run, especially something as important as education.
You don’t like a private school? You take your child to different school.
You don’t like a government-run school? You don’t have many options, and government officials will keep your money no matter what you do.