Since President Donald Trump defied everyone’s expectations and became the Republican Party’s nominee for the presidency, he has been the target of accusations. With unrelenting fury, Democrats and never-Trump Republicans have sought after their own personal holy grail, a verifiable skeleton in Donald Trump’s closet. The legacy news media’s neutral and wholly unbiased “investigators” have, of course, repeatedly “found” what they were looking for. Hence, the Trump administration has been “proven guilty as charged” more than once, and the concerned reader and viewers of these “investigators” have demanded that Trump’s supporters abandon him so that they remove the supposed scoundrel from the office of the presidency.
To put the legacy news media’s unending stream of accusations in proper perspective, I posted REVIEWING WHAT WE KNEW ABOUT THE SORRY STATE OF AMERICAN POLITICS. That post focused on Hillary Clinton. Here we change the focus to former President Barack Obama.
Remember this from the closing days of the Obama administration?
Scandal, what scandal?
President Obama has been squeaky clean, according to his closest adviser, Valerie Jarrett.
“The president prides himself on the fact that his administration hasn’t had a scandal and he hasn’t done something to embarrass himself,” Jarrett said in an interview broadcast on CNN Sunday. (continued here)
Well, some were happy to agree.
- Obama’s Gift to Hillary Clinton (slate.com): This actually appeared in Slate in 2015.
- ‘An amazingly scandal-free administration’ (msnbc.com): In 2015 MSNBC even managed to find a “Conservative” that agreed that the Obama administration had been amazingly scandal-free administration.
- We Can’t Forget All The ‘Scandals’ Of The Obama White House (huffingtonpost.com): This article belittled the critics with satire.
Some, however, do not think the Obama administration was scandal.
- The Biggest Obama Scandals Are Proven and Ignored (theatlantic.com): A Liberal Democrat’s list.
- Top adviser claims President Obama ‘hasn’t had a scandal’ – to ridicule from critics who point to ‘rap sheet as long as my arm’ (dailymail.co.uk): A UK perspective.
- The “remarkably scandal free” Obama administration and Top adviser: Obama had no scandals while president (hotair.com): The first article links to a column by David Brooks and has a bit of fun with it. The second notes Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett claims about a scandal-free administration and Obama’s popularity in the polls.
- Obama Administration Scandals (powerlineblog.com): Still have to find time to peruse all the links here.
- 9 Controversies Obama Didn’t Mention When He Denied Any ‘Major Scandals’ (dailysignal.com): Note this quote.
“Here’s a guy who called my administration perhaps the most corrupt in history, despite the fact that actually, we have not had a major scandal in my administration,” Obama told Democratic donors.
- Stop Pretending The Obama Administration Was ‘Scandal Free.’ It Wasn’t (thefederalist.com): Video collection of scandal-free quotes. List of five major scandals.
- 18 Major Scandals in Obama’s ‘Scandal-Free’ Presidency (breitbart.com)
- ‘Conservative’ praises ‘scandal-free’ Obama (wnd.com): This goes back to 06/2015 after New York Times columnist David Brooks spouted off about Obama’s scandal-free administration.
- Scandal free? C’mon and Gutfeld: What Obama’s ‘scandal-free’ reign really got us (foxnews.com): To satisfy those who accuse me bias, I have to have links from Fox News. Would not want to disappoint anyone.
What is the truth of the matter? Perhaps the biggest scandal is the legacy news media’s utter blindness, but that’s another post for another lifetime. Who cares anymore? What is clear is that the Obama administration and its supporters are so shameless they can even lie about the absence of scandals. Scandal-free? Really? Even to state such a thing is Orwellian.
So what should we do? Prayer would be a good start. Without the help of God we are not going to repent and fix this mess.
What does the Obama administration’s assertion that they were scandal-free demonstrate? We don’t elect humble politicians. What do the scandals demonstrate? Once we elect enough politicians who think winning is everything, scandals proliferate.
Check out A hero only to a lynch mob (washingtontimes.com).
None was more efficient than Harry Reid, the U.S. senator from Las Vegas and the majority leader of the Senate in 2012, when he declared, without showing anything remotely like evidence, that Mitt Romney, the Republican nominee for president, had not paid his federal income taxes for 10 years. The only way he could have learned that was from a leak at the Internal Revenue Service, presided over at the time by a Barack Obama man, so we know that couldn’t have happened. Mr. Reid, a onetime boxer who knows all the ways to take advantage of an opponent in the clinches, had to make it up. He was eventually exposed as a liar, and a reporter asked him after the election whether his lies smacked as McCarthyism.
“Well,” he replied, “they can call it anything they want. Romney didn’t win, did he?” (from here)
When sufficient numbers of us fail to hold the people we elect accountable, our leaders don’t have the power to hold each other accountable. Did high officials in the Obama administration go to jail? Could be wrong, but I don’t recall any. Nevertheless, the Obama administration was riddled was scandals. No one went to jail because Democrats would not hold the Obama administration accountable, and everyone knows it. So Republicans did not bother to pursue impeachment charges even when they should have done so.
Now Democrats, with hypocrisy every bit as vast as that of a right-wing conspiracy, complain Republicans refuse to hold President Donald Trump accountable.
Is there a vast right-wing conspiracy? To do what? Are politicians conspiring to run every last detail of our lives? Is it not obvious? Don’t these same politicians react indignantly when told enough is enough? Half of our paycheck is not enough?
Donald Trump may not be humble, but the hopeful audacity with which he has sought power over others does not come close to that of Hillary Clinton’s or Barack Obama’s. Therefore, we should not abandon him to a lynch mob just because the legacy news media and a bunch of lying Liberal Democrats are having a hissy fit. They have lied too many times. They have destroyed their credibility. They are just not believable any more.