- Does Congress have the “common sense” to balance its budget? We don’t have $20 trillion in debt? Can Congress provide for our “social security” and our “right to health care” without busting the budget and bankrupting our children?
- Does Congress have the “common sense” to protect our borders? Don’t even children sneak into our country illegally? Think Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA) children, What is DACA and why is the Trump administration ending it? (foxnews.com). Please note that even Fox News has a bias. That article does not mention that DACA is unconstitutional and that is why the Trump administration is ending it. Even President Obama said he did not have such authority, and then he went ahead and did it anyway in his second term.
- Does Congress have the “common sense” abide by the Constitution? Have you looked at what the Constitution says and what those people spend our money trying to do?
- Does Congress have the “common sense” to allow people to protect themselves? Did the Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) of 1990, an act of the U.S. Congress, stop school shootings or turn schools into shooting galleries for psychopaths?
- Does Congress have the “common sense” required to avoid Federalizing every problem? Why does Congress have to stick its nose into every mass shooting by a nutcase? Do we need to station squads of mechanized infantry at all our schools and public facilities to protect them? Has anyone considered the possibility that this is the sort of problem state and local officials should be able to manage without “common sense action” from Congress?
- Does “common sense” require us, the People, to give control of our firearms to an ambitious bunch no one in their right mind trusts, politicians? Have YOU noticed that Congress is full of politicians?
We have an election this year. If your congressman or senator, Democrat or Republican, thinks his job is to take guns away from law abiding citizens, please vote him or her out. We each have the right and the responsibility to defend both ourselves and each other as best we can. Our police forces are composed of good people, but they can’t be everywhere. If we don’t allow Congress to take “common sense action” and disarm us, there is also no reason why our police forces have to be everywhere.
And don’t ignore the nomination process, especially if you are Republican. Unless we nominate good candidates, we will be stuck with those who ain’t.