What is ideological madness? The typical busybody suffers from a form ideological madness. The mad scientist (also mad doctor or mad professor), a caricature of a scientist first made famous Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley, also suffers from a sort of ideological madness.
What is ideological madness? Is there a simple definition? Perhaps not. When someone insists on doing something like putting together a body made up of parts from the dead, that’s a spooky proposition. What sort of beliefs would lead someone to want to do such a thing? Would it be evil to try? Nevertheless, when a busybody insists upon using brute force to make others to become what he or she wants them to become, we know that is mad because it is evil. It is mad because the ideology revolves around what “I want.” What others think — what God commands — matters not to those seeking power.
In our Congress many suffer from ideological madness. Listen to these mad men and women, and you will hear them calling their opponents every name they can bring to mind. You won’t hear them defending their ideas or pointing to their accomplishments. Instead, you will hear them calling their opponents demented, greedy, selfish, and even traitorous. So it is I sent my congressman an email today. Here is what I wrote.
Subject: DACA, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Immigration Reform
Please stand firm on immigration reform.
1. No more amnesties for illegal immigrants. It has been tried. Did not work because politicians cannot be trusted.
2. Set up clear qualification criteria for the so-called DACA “kids”. Allow those who really were children when they came here to stay. If they want to be citizens, make them qualify for citizenship just like legal immigrants should in a MERIT-based system.
3. Cut off access to jobs, to healthcare, to education benefits, and to welfare benefits for those in the TPS program. Give them no choice except to self-deport to their home country.
4. Cut off access to jobs, to healthcare, to education benefits, and to welfare benefits for illegal immigrants. Give them no choice except to self-deport to their home country.
5. Implement e-verify and make it work. Don’t allow greedy employers an excuse for hiring illegal immigrants. They should be hiring American citizens.
6. Terminate anything that even looks like an immigration lottery.
7. Replace the chain immigration program with a MERIT-based system.
8. Set up straightforward criteria for accepting refugees. No more catch and release!
9. Fund the wall!
10. Don’t WIMP out!
We need our immigration system fixed. Look at California. That state was once prosperous and well run. Is that what you want for the rest of our country? Is that what you want for Virginia? Is that what you want for your district? Then don’t WIMP out! Stand and fight!
The ideologically mad are mad most of all for power. Because many of our politicians see the means to power when they buy our votes, they are determined to import poor immigrants, people ignorant and naive enough to allow their votes to be bought. For the sake of our children, we have to stop these mad men and women from importing people whose votes they can buy with our money.
Is being ideologically mad just a matter of public policy on crucial issues like controlling our borders? No. When men and women become busybody power mad, they start seeking greater and greater control. So it is time we started learning the truth about some things.
There is a memo circulating that many congressmen claim details alarming abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). It seems some of them want us to see it.
- GOP lawmakers demand that ‘alarming’ memo on FISA abuses be made public (foxnews.com)
- An allegedly damning memo about the FBI and DOJ is electrifying Republicans—in Congress and online (cnbc.com)
- FISA Surveillance Memo ‘Far Worse Than Watergate,’ Sean Hannity Claims (newsweek.com)
- ‘Worse Than Watergate’: ‘Shocking’ House Intel Memo Allegedly Reveals FISA Abuse by Senior DOJ and FBI Officials (breitbart.com)