Here are some voter guides relevant to Virginia’s General Election on November 7, 2017. These generally are advocates of some sort.
- The Virginia Department of Elections is a good place to start. We each need to verify what will be on our ballots. Some of Virginia’s cities and counties may have local races.
- BallotPedia provides a listing of the races as well as information on the candidates, including their position on certain issues, at Virginia Elections 2017.
- Power Voter provides a listing of the races as well as information on the candidates, including their position on certain issues, at 2017 Virginia General Election, November 7, 2017.
- The Family Foundation focuses on issues relevant to the family. Here is its 2017 Virginia Voter Guide. MYFAITHVOTES is another website they operate.
- The Virginia Public Access Project focuses on where the candidates are getting their money from.
- The Faith & Freedom Coalition has a voter guide (Faith & Freedom Coalition Releases 2017 Virginia Election Guide) for Virginia’s statewide races.
- RocktheVote provides a blatantly “nonpartisan” Liberal Democrat Voter Guide for Virginia’s statewide races.
- Here is Ed Gillespie’s summary of how he and Ralph Northam differ on the issues. If someone has such a thing for Ralph Northam, I will post it too.
Additional Advocacy Group Websites
- MasonVotes is associated with George Mason University. I suppose they think they are nonpartisan.
News Media Web Sites
- 2017 Virginia Elections: List of races, latest headlines, voter resources (insidenova.com)
- Politics (potomaclocal.com): This is not exactly a voter guide by it does include information on many of the local and House of Delegates candidates running in Prince William County.
- 2017 Md., Va. general election guide: What voters need to know (wtop.com)
- Virginia and Maryland Voter Guides 2017 (wusa9.com)
- Voter guide: Everything you need to know about Election Day (wric.com)
Election Related Posts on Citizen Tom
- WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO STOP CALLING US RACISTS, BIGOTS, HATERS,……?
- DELEGATE BOB MARSHALL’S FIRST TV AD
- WHEN DESPERATION BECOMES SELF EVIDENT
- IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY TAKING US TOWARDS HEAVEN OR HELL?
- THE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT’S OBSESSION WITH SEX AND POWER
- THESE SURE AREN’T THE DEMOCRATS I GREW UP WITH
- THE SECOND DEBATE BETWEEN ED GILLESPIE AND RALPH NORTHAM
- Ed Gillespie, R for Governor of Virginia, on Confederate monuments
- AN ODDLY HIGHLY IMPORTANT RACE
- INTERVIEWS ON WMAL
- IN THE NAME OF LOVE?
- WHEN IS DEBATE POINTLESS
- 2017 ELECTION: 13TH HOUSE DISTRICT, VIRGINIA GENERAL ASSEMBLY — PART 2
- 2017 ELECTION: 13TH HOUSE DISTRICT, VIRGINIA GENERAL ASSEMBLY — PART 1