A group called the Latino Victory Fund (see Latino Victory Fund: ‘American Nightmare’ | Campaign 2017) issued the ad above. After the terrorist attack in New York by an Islamic terrorist driving a truck, the Latino Victory Fund pulled the ad (see Political attack ad showing kids running from Republican pickup truck driver is pulled after New York terror attack). At this point, especially because Ralph Northam never denounced the ad, it had become a complete disaster.
What is the problem here? Why have Democrats gone so completely over the top? Why do they:
- Make promises they cannot keep?
- Engage in unrelenting name calling?
- Spend our money with reckless abandon?
- Give voting rights to ex-convicts and non-citizens?
- Open our borders to everyone, even our enemies?
- Legalize anything they think might bring more money into the public treasury, like gambling and drugs?
- Operate our public schools for the sake of labor unions, not the children they claim to want to help?
- Keep descending further into the gutter, actually promoting homosexuality, same-sex marriage, transgendering, and “recreational” sex in general? Does anyone think it accidental anymore that the Democratic Party is in lockstep with the mass media, which now uses sex and violence to market everything and anything?
- Force the public to buy health insurance that covers things like abortion and contraceptives, things many of us don’t want and may not even able to use?
- Use public funds to pay for abortions, transgender drugs and surgery, ….?
Have you ever spent much time with a toddler? It can be very delightful, and it can be quite frustrating, but it is always instructive. Because children lack guile, we can more readily discern their motives. We can see that children love, and we can see how much children want to be loved. That is the delightful part.
What about the frustrating part? Little children can throw the most frightful, unrestrained tantrums. Their piercing screams can blast your hearing. The tears, the crying, and the “I hate you’s” can be quite distressing. Then we can see how much a child has to learn about self control. If we are one of the parents of that child, we can wonder what we have gotten ourselves into. “That’s my child?” That is what I was like?
Look again at that advertisement. That is the fruit of an adult tantrum. As adults, we still have tantrums, but we can make them seem much more sophisticated. We can even be proud of them. Then consider these two Bible passages. In the first we see the source of what drives our tantrums. In the second we learn the solution, the only solution.
James 4:1-3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.
John 15:12-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. 17 This I command you, that you love one another.
Imagine the little child who throws a tantrum, and mommy or daddy gives in. Imagine the thrill of power. A moment before that little child felt so small. Now he thinks he is in control of his little world. He does know what he has lost. The wisdom of love is not an easy thing to grasp. It takes a revelation to understand that God loves us, that we have nothing to fear when we love Him. Yet even a little child can appreciate the power they seem to derive from a tantrum.
So when are they going to stop calling us racists, bigots, haters,….? What would Jesus do? What do good parents do for their children? Do they give in, or do they just respond in love and show them with their own example how to behave?