On November 7, 2017 we will be having a General Election in Virginia. The Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the Attorney General, and the House of Delegates will be on the ballot. Who will be on the ballot in the 13th House District.
Bob Marshall — The Conservative Incumbent
Marshall is something unusual in American politics. When he speaks out on constitutional, social, and fiscal issues as a straightforward Conservative, he expresses himself well enough that the news media finds it difficult to make him sound like an extreme nutcase. They try, of course, but it is the news media that usually sounds like it is crazy. Therefore, Marshall keeps getting reelected.
Here is a sample of Marshall, his latest email.
In our most recent, very short campaign finance reporting period, my opponent out-raised me 20 to 1!
My opponent now has nearly as much money to spend in this race as I do and if their campaign continues to raise at this rate they will be able to significantly outspend me! The majority of the funding came from fundraising through large national LGBT organizations.
In case you thought this was going to be an “easy” race I wanted you to see the nationwide reporting about the campaign on the Drudge Report (see the left column at the link, a direct link to the article is HERE) and the implications of it should my opponent win. A recent identical article ran in the Washington Post, New York Times and on AP where it has been picked up by a number of papers around the country.
Please consider contributing to my campaign using the button below, the link HERE or by mailing a check to Friends of Bob Marshall at P.O. Box 421, Manassas, VA 20108! Please share this email with your like-minded friends and family. Thank you for your support!
Delegate Bob Marshall
Note that I did not include the link to donation website. If I start doing that, and sooner or latter I will be sending folks to a fraudulent website. However, I encourage you to donate. HERE is Marshall’s website, and that website has a Donate button.
Consider what Marshall says about how the news media is painting the contest. Then look at some articles.
- In Virginia, Republican-led committee kills transgender ‘bathroom bill’ (washingtonpost.com): Is the transgender issue the only thing this contest is about? Why is it now all of a sudden strange that we would want to keep men out of the lady’s room? What has gotten into our politicians? Some guy decides he is a girl, and we know what he is thinking? Really?
- She is transgender. He proposed a ‘bathroom bill.’ They’re running against each other in Northern Virginia. (washingtonpost.com): Why is the news media glorifying a transgender political candidate? Consider what the mass media does for a living. Those people advertise, and these days they put a lot of sex in their adverts and in the content they use to attract us to their adverts.
- Please Note: The Legislator Behind Virginia’s New Anti-Trans Bill Is Completely Nuts (slate.com): Does the author of this editorial have a rational basis for this conclusion? I don’t think so, but given that Marshall is not attacking anyone personally or encouraging violence, is it not odd that Danica Roem is the one who is worried about being attacked (see the end of this opinion column, here)? Since when does most of the violence come from Conservatives?
- Virginia Delegate Bob Marshall Has Spent Decades Promoting Anti-Choice Views (rewire.news): This article underlines the fact that the so-called Pro-Choice crowd considers Marshall an enemy.
The folks of the 13th House District elected Marshall to represent him in 1991, and over time he demonstrated that he and the people who back him can be a force to be reckoned with. What has Marshall accomplished? Well, the job of a legislator is to produce legislation. Here are the bills he lists on his website: Bob Marshall’s Bills that Became Law. Note that these bills cover a wide range topics. Unlike Democrat Liberals and the news media, Marshall does not obsess on forcing other people to agree with his positions on social issues.
Here is some of Marshall’s activity that I have tracked on Citizen Tom.
- THE RACE FOR VIRGINIA’S 13th HOUSE OF DELEGATES SEAT: VOTE FOR BOB: This 2007 post compared Marshall with Bruce Roemmelt, the Democrat challenger in that election.
- LOOKING BACK: WHY BOB MARSHALL COULD HAVE BEATEN MARK WARNER: In Bob Marshall lost the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate to George Allen. Why? Well, for what it is worth I think Marshall focused on his job in the General Assembly and waited too long to start fundraising and organizing a state-wide campaign. Nevertheless, if we had nominated him, I think he would have had a better chance of winning.
- Bob Marshall’s Formal Announcement in #VA10 Race: In 2014, Frank Wolf retired and Marshall decided to try replacing him. Barbara Comstock ended up winning the Republican nomination and the seat. This post explains why I supported Marshall.
- Bob Marshall (vpap.org)
- Delegate Robert G. Marshall (virginiageneralassembly.gov)
- Bob Marshall (Virginia politician) (en.wikipedia.org): Note that Wikipedia is crowd-source and tend to run to the Democrat Liberal side.
- Bob Marshall (Virginia) (ballotpedia.org)
- Delegate Bob Marshall (R-Manassas) (richmondsunlight.com)