Here of late I have been following Rudy u Martinka. The author, scatterwisdom, has been posting an interesting series. His latest is, King Solomon, Time to Outlaw an Islam Religion Practice? Post Ten.
Do I think we should outlaw Islam? Well, I am not a fan of Islam, but I do support the First Amendment. So I don’t support banning Islam, but I suspect thinks he has contrived a way around that problem. Maybe, but all I think we can do is be a bit more selective about the nations from which we allow immigration.
But what about the title of this post? Well, let’s get slowly get there.
Observe. Democrat Liberals don’t seem to be bothered by Sharia Law. Consider. What happened when President Donald Trump was campaigning, and he suggested we need to stop allowing Muslims who support Sharia Law to immigrate to this country? Didn’t we get news stories like this?
Most Muslims enjoy the religious freedom they need to practice their faith, which is guaranteed by the US constitution.
“It doesn’t consume my life that I want to make it the governing law of the country I live in. I am very content to live in the US under the constitution,” says retired Lt. Col. Shareda Hosein in an interview with CNN. “And for me the constitution affords me my freedom of religion, which is the most important thing for me and other Muslims.” (from here)
What is Sharia law? makes believe that if American Muslims had their way Sharia Law would be no big deal. Of course, CNN is so never-Trump it doesn’t know where it stands from one day to the next. Looking back it is obvious Sharia Law does bother them. Here are a couple of examples.
- Libyan leader’s embrace of Sharia raises eyebrows
- Brunei adopts sharia law amid international outcry
What is Sharia Law? There are various views. Here are a few links.
- A Short Overview of Sharia (politicalislam.com): Political Islam makes no secret of its hostility to Islam. Given that Islam has a long history of angry hostility towards those whose religious beliefs differ, this view is justifiable. Keep in mind that at one time the Middle East was predominantly Christian. Now, except in Israel, it is not safe to be a Christian in the Middle East. Even the different Muslim sects are often at the brink of warfare with each other. Freedom of religion is not something the Koran supports.
- Islamic Law – The Shariah (www.mei.edu): Here is a definition from a nonprofit public policy advocacy group. Their definition is wishy-washy.
- What is Sharia and how is it applied? (bbc.com) and What is sharia law? (telegraph.co.uk): Suffice to say that with all the Muslims the Brits now have in the United Kingdom, Sharia Law is an issue.
- To This Secular Muslim, Ben Carson Had a Point (thedailybeast.com) and As Shariah Experiment Becomes a Model, Indonesia’s Secular Face Slips (nytimes.com): These articles illustrate ways Democrat Liberals can talk about the issues posed by Islam frankly. In the first they find a Secular Muslim (kind of an oxymoron) to discuss the matter. The second article describes what is happening in a foreign nation.
So why don’t Democrat Liberals oppose the immigration of Muslims to the United States. Well, carefully consider the creeping secularization of the United States. Any serious Christian has to be appalled by the decline of Christianity in this nation, but it has happened so slowly that few can pinpoint a cause. Here is what I think are the major problems.
- Any belief system requires careful instruction of the young to sustain it. Secular schools fail in three ways. Secular schools cannot provide instruction in the Bible from people who believe it. Secular schools promote contrary beliefs as equally valid. No attempt is made in secular schools to live the values taught in the Bible. Instead, secular schools promote the gods of state and self. Government knows best. Teachers promote self-esteem so children can feel good about themselves.
- The mass media denigrates our Christian heritage. Why? Well, consider the financial goals of advertisers. These people want to sell you stuff whether you need it or not. Christianity gets in the way of sales. Whether it is good for you or not, advertisers want you to buy. So they preach the values of the gods of sex, stuff, and self. Because Christianity not about spending lots of money on sex, stuff, or our self; the mass media promotes Secularism.
With control of the education system and the mass media, Democrat Liberals don’t worry about Sharia Law. They think they can use their control of the public schools and the mass media to indoctrinate new immigrants in Democrat Liberalism. We usually vaguely refer to the legal system favored by Democrat Liberals as Political Correctness, and this Democrat Liberal version of Sharia Law is far more deeply embedded in our culture than most of us would care to admit.
Because Democrat Liberals have their own version of Sharia Law, they actually have something in common with Muslims. Both Democrat Liberals and Muslims believe in imposing their values upon others by force. In fact, Christianity is the only faith that denies we have such a right.
Will the Democrat Liberals succeed? That is doubtful. It is slowly dawning on the Democrat Liberals in this nation that the Liberals in Europe have failed to indoctrinate Muslim immigrants and make well-behaved, docile victims out of them. Why the failure? Liberals have contradictory goals. Identity politics requires that Muslims self-identify as Muslims (and that Hispanic immigrants self-identify as Hispanic, and that Asia immigrants ….). That means that Liberals cannot allow Muslims to assimilate. Yet if Muslims become the majority, Liberals lose control.
And Christians? When will we recognize the danger posed by the socialist ideology of Democrat Liberals? Are we prepared to reassert our heritage and vote these people out of office? Time will tell.