Now that Hillary Clinton is the Democrat’s presumptive nominee and Donald Trump is the Republican’s presumptive nominee the war between the parties has begun. Therefore, the partisan mainstream news media and the Democratic Party are out for blood, and Establishment Republicans are hunting for rocks to climb under.
Here are a few examples.
- Republicans should follow ‘conscience’ on Donald Trump: Speaker Paul Ryan (www.indiatvnews.com): This is an AP story, but the AP has a worldwide reach. The story here is that Speaker Paul Ryan wants it both ways.
- Is Donald Trump Racist? Here’s What the Record Shows (fortune.com)
- The 10 Republicans most likely to defect from Donald Trump (www.washingtonpost.com)
- Trump fires his campaign manager in dramatic shake-up (yahoo.com)
What is the problem? Donald Trump has a nasty habit of saying things that offend people. What is peculiar, however, is that folks are offended the most when Trump says stuff that is perfectly true. What is the current big issue? That’s what Trump has to say about Islamic Terrorism. If you want nonsense, read Here’s ‘What’s Going On’ With Muslims (theatlantic.com). What that article comes down to is a bunch of Muslims calling Trump a bigot.
Alternatively, search on this string: American Muslims constitution sharia poll. You will find articles like these.
- Poll shows high levels of support for sharia law and violence among American Muslims (americanthinker.com)
- Poll: Most U.S. Muslims would trade Constitution for Shariah (wnd.com)
- Shock Poll: 51% of U.S. Muslims Want Sharia; 25% Okay with Violence Against Americans (breitbart.com)
- Do Muslims believe sharia law supersedes the Constitution? (video.foxnews.com)
Like it or not, what people believe does make a difference. Most Muslims don’t want a secular government. Most Muslims don’t cherish religious freedom. Islam does not support the concept. Islam supports Sharia Law. Unfortunately, a sizeable percentage of Muslims also think Islamic terrorism is justifiable. That’s one reason why the Middle East is a mess.
So what does Donald Trump think about the Muslim Problem? Well, he has been speaking out on this problem for awhile. Check out Video Resurfaces: Donald Trump’s Views on the “Muslim Problem” – WHOA! To evaluate his recent more statements, I suggest going to his web site => https://www.donaldjtrump.com/.
Is Trump a racist? Some people have definite opinions: Lynne Patton Is Sticking Up For Donald Trump When No One Else Will (dailycaller.com).
I suspect Trump worries that when people calls themselves Muslim they do so because they believe in following the example of Muhammad. Muhammad spread Islam with the sword. Muhammad used force to spread the faith he taught. Why should we be surprised if some Muslims think they should imitate Muhammad? Don’t some Christians still try to imitate Jesus? What if Jesus had been the sort of Messiah the Jews expected? What if Jesus had spread Christianity with a sword?
Think of this absurdity. What if someone told you that what you believe doesn’t make any difference? Your beliefs have NO EFFECT on your behavior. If that is true, what kind of sorry specimen must you be?
So what should be the Christian response? Here is an opinion worth considering:
A Christian Response to Terrorism, An Interview with R.C. Sproul.