Here is a video of the full debate. No commercials. Watching. Comments to come. Will observe this. The journalists running the debate have overblown egos. They remind me of children in a schoolyard egging other children to fight. Sick.
Frankly, even though I don’t support him, I don’t blame Donald Trump for sitting out the debate. The Republican National Committee (RNC) is not doing its job. The RNC is selling out our candidates.
Fox wants ratings. The moderators want the show to be about them. In this format, the American people lose out.
- Did Ted Cruz gain anything from being at the debate? Perhaps. He stood his ground and let the Establishment — and Fox News is part of the Establishment — openly demonstrate its hostility to him.
- The Establishment candidates, Bush, Christie, Kasich got a surprising amount of time and for the most part softball questions. Wonder why?
- The moderators used videos edited to portray Cruz and Rubio as liars.
- Moderators Kelly and Wallace were essentially hostile to the candidates. These two took the lead in setting the candidates against each other.
- The moderators gave Carson and Paul very little opportunity to talk. They did their best to take down Cruz.
Here, paraphrased somewhat, is the message I think each candidate wants to convey. Each of us needs to examine that message and determine the truth.
- Ted Cruz: Who do you trust? I tell the truth, and I do what I said I would do.
- Ben Carson: Americans are scared. More of the same — more government — won’t fix our problems. It is still not too late to save our Constitution.
- Marco Rubio: When I am president, America’s light will shine again…..
- Jeb Bush: I have a proven record….
- Chris Christie: I am a governor and a former prosecutor and tough as nails. Only a former governor is qualified to be president….
- John Kasich: Ohio has a great economy because I have a positive attitude. We can, we can, we can…..
- Rand Paul: I am for liberty, and I am the one true fiscal Conservative.