In the last series, WHY WOULD A MAN HANG HIMSELF?, we got into the subject what the Bible says about answering the folly of fools. However, that was not the subject of the post. In this series we will consider how the Bible describes fools and how we should answer them.
Why should we take up this topic? We have entered difficult times, times when the worst kind of foolishness is on the increase.
- Privacy is becoming more and more difficult. Yet how this problem is growing is quite peculiar. In the past, people spent their entire life in a small villages, and everyone knew everyone else’s business. Yet these people were family and friends. Now our records are online, and strangers can learn about our most personal concerns. With drones and cameras multiplying, at any moment someone will soon be able to learn of our whereabouts and what we are doing. And our government is one of the culprits.
- Our world is growing more unstable. Large and powerful governments, powerful even relative to our own, are building up the military forces. Some, like Russia, have already attacked their smaller neighbors.
- Special interest groups increasingly use our own government to stick their noses into other people’s business. These, supposedly in the public interest, bully and rob their fellow citizens.
- And so forth.
To answer fools, people who will not live and let live, we need to understand just what makes one a fool. Then, to avoid appearing foolish ourselves, we need to understand how we are suppose to answer and debate such people. If need be, we need to know when to fight a fool.
- Answering Folly: Who Is A Fool? – February 21, 2015
- Answering Folly: When And How Do We Debate A Fool? – March 1, 2015
- Answering Folly: Declining Moral Standards – March 5, 2015
- Answering Folly: The Corporate Mass Media – March 15, 2015
- Answering Folly: Public Education – April 19, 2015
- Answer Folly: Resumed – October 15, 2017
- Answering Folly: Socialism
- Answering Folly: Illegal Immigration
- Answering Folly: Global Warming
- Answering Folly: Pacifism
- Answering Folly: Bible Bashing
I begin this series not claiming to have all the answers. Suggestions and comments are welcome. However, I believe the topic is important and people want to discuss it.