Think about how odd it is. We elected a black president, and he promised to bring us all together. With his election, we would finally see an end to racism. Instead, the people who were supposed to end racism won’t let it die.
Here is how it has been going down.
- Some white guy kills some black guy. In the last couple of big news stories, the supposedly killer white guys have been policemen.
- The news media screams the supposedly murderous killing is about RACISM.
- This president and his justice department do their absolute best to prove it is about RACISM.
- Then the evidence slowly trickles out through the alternative news media (See 11 Facts About the Eric Garner Case the Media Won’t Tell You, for example.), and we find out it is just about self defense.
- The news media moves on to the next racial expose.
So why is the corporate news media doing this? Why is the Obama administration helping to make national stories out what should be local stories? Why make so much effort to stir up racial animus?
Consider how a magician does his tricks.
Magicians use distraction techniques to draw the audience’s attention away from whichever hand is engaged in sleight of hand. Magicians can accomplish this by encouraging the audience to look elsewhere or by having an assistant do or say something to draw the audience’s attention away. (from here)
The same technique is used in warfare. Here is an example appropriate to the anniversary of our entry into World War II.
Operation Fortitude was the code name for a World War II military deception employed by the Allied nations as part of an overall deception strategy (code named Bodyguard) during the build-up to the 1944 Normandy landings. Fortitude was divided into two sub-plans, North and South, with the aim of misleading the German high command as to the location of the imminent invasion.
Both Fortitude plans involved the creation of fake field armies (based in Edinburgh and the south of England) which threatened Norway(Fortitude North) and Pas de Calais (Fortitude South). The operation was intended to divert Axis attention away from Normandy and, after the invasion on June 6, 1944, to delay reinforcement by convincing the Germans that the landings were purely a diversionary attack. (continued here)
Are we at war with our government? Are our leaders trying to deceive us? If so, what we being distracted from? What are the stories we should be giving our attention?
Here are some examples.
- This explains It’s official: America is now No. 2 (www.marketwatch.com). The economy of China, a nation with a ruthless authoritarian government, has overtaken that of the United States. How could we have allowed that to happen?
- Here we learn, EXCLUSIVE — CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH SERVICE: CONGRESS HAS POWER TO BLOCK FUNDING FOR OBAMA’S EXECUTIVE AMNESTY (www.breitbart.com). Unfortunately, as a Conservative senator points out here, Sessions denounces House GOP plan to fund government (www.washingtonexaminer.com), too many Republicans won’t fight Obama’s power grab. Are we too distracted to care? Why don’t we put some pressure on these cowards?
- Isn’t what the Obama administration is doing truly destructive to America? As wild as it seems, Obamacare offers firms $3,000 incentive to hire illegals over native-born workers (www.washingtontimes.com), but how many have noticed that our leaders have invited foreigners into our country to take our jobs?
- What about defunding Obamacare? Even it takes votes from the Democrats, Boehner will get “his” majority. Boehner Rounding Up Democratic Votes for Spending Measure (www.businessweek.com) to fund Obamacare.
Perhaps, instead worrying about policemen killing people when they violently resist arrest, we need to worry about our tax and spend crazy leaders. What are they doing to our country, and why are we letting them do it?
- We had an economy that no one could surpass. We use to make things. Now we buy our computers from an authoritarian regime that clearly considers us a threat to its interest in conquest.
- We use to assimilate new immigrants by insisting they become Americans. When immigrants came here, we expected them to work and learn English. Now we give them welfare and educate their children in their native tongue.
- We use to have a president who honorably enforced the law, whether he liked that law or not. Now our president vetoes existing laws, and he calls that prosecutorial discretion.
- When we did something stupid and made a situation worse — when we passed a law like Obamacare because people lied to us — we used to have the sense to repeal that bad law. Now we try to cover over the lies of the liars by “fixing” that bad law and pretend it just has a few flaws.
Why is it we act as if politicians always are right? Is the appropriate response to every government failure more government? If we are foolish enough to think such a thing, maybe we need to look at who educated us. Don’t politicians run our schools? Even though Opposition to Common Core spurs jump in homeschooling (www.foxnews.com), doesn’t the Federal Government want still more control?
Where does the Constitution give the Federal Government any authority over our education system? It is not there? Hummmm. Then why is the Federal Government taking more and more control over what we learn?
When we get lost, are we suppose to continue stumbling down the same unknown trail, or are we suppose to retrace our steps? Doesn’t it make sense to get back to a point where we knew our location? That’s the essence of Conservatism. When something doesn’t work, before we attempt to make any more improvements, we go back to what we know works.
Just in case you think our leaders don’t act when we are distracted, check out these stories.
- Obama Stuffed New Regulations into ObamaCare on Thanksgiving Eve (nation.foxnews.com)
- White House Quietly Releases Plans For 3,415 Regulations Ahead Of Thanksgiving Holiday (dailycaller.com)
- The Obama Administration Is Hiding the Scale of Its Regulatory Agenda. Why Might That Be? (www.nationalreview.com)
Unfortunately, the Obama administration is not done yet. So when we are enjoying good meals with family and friends on Christmas and New Year, we can count on those meals costing us more than we know.