We are in the middle President Barack Hussein Obama’s second term. It has taken six years of misery, but some of the people who voted for him and some of the people who didn’t vote for anyone are finally willing to vote for almost any Republican just to get rid of the Democrats who are making of mess out of everything.
So what did I get in my email? I got a copy of this.
By William Thomas
There was a time not so long ago when Americans, regardless of their political stripes, rallied round their president. Once elected, the man who won the White House was no longer viewed as a republican or democrat, but the President of the United States. The oath of office was taken, the wagons were circled around the country’s borders and it was America versus the rest of the world with the president of all the people at the helm.
Suddenly President Barack Obama, with the potential to become an exceptional president has become the glaring exception to that unwritten, patriotic rule.
Four days before President Obama’s inauguration, before he officially took charge of the American government, Rush Limbaugh boasted publicly that he hoped the president would fail. Of course, when the president fails the country flounders. Wishing harm upon your country in order to further your own narrow political views is selfish, sinister and a tad treasonous as well. (continued here)
Generally, when I get an email like this, if I think it worth the bother, I investigate. Is this for real or just a joke? As happens, this note was for real, and I think the writer is actually serious.
With a little research, I found an editorial in the Washington Free Beacon, Leave Obama Alone! Liberals Actually Believe Obama Is the First President to Be Publicly Criticized. The author, Andrew Stiles, could not resist having fun with Thomas’ nonsense. Stiles ridicules the Thomas’ nonsense by interspersing the text with pictures of Liberals demonstrating against George W. Bush.
Every paragraph of Thomas’ nonsense is so absurd I have to wonder if he wrote it tongue-in-cheek.
- That time not so long ago exists mostly in fiction. Because our politics is just warfare fought with ballots, American squabble most of the time. Our worst war was our Civil War. It ended with a president’s assassination.
- Barack Obama is an exceptional president, and he has gotten most of his agenda. And that’s his problem.
- Limbaugh did hope Obama would fail. Because he did not want Obama to implement his Socialist agenda, screw up our healthcare, and damage our economy, Limbaugh hoped Obama would fail.
- When Joe Wilson called Obama a liar, Wilson told the truth.
- Obama’s costly excursions have become things of legend. If only the Obama’s had only wasted money on their costly excursions.
- Because the Democrats forced their healthcare program upon an unwilling nation, the people demonstrated peaceably. If you want to see a mud pit, check out Stile’s pictures of the demonstrations against George W. Bush.
- And so forth.
Well, one more. This paragraph is just too pricelessly stupid to pass over.
In President Barack Obama, Americans have a charismatic leader with a good and honest heart. Unlike his predecessor, he’s a very intelligent leader. And unlike that president’s predecessor, he’s a highly moral man.
He is defending Obama from abuse, and he takes a swipe at Bush? Is he that dense? The Daily KOS (here) doesn’t seem to think so.
Anyway, Conservatives have been trying to root Obama out of the White House for six long years. What we have discovered is that only the slow, remorseless revelation of Obama own dismal performance can destroy Obama’s presidency.
Some people desperately want to believe Obama lies, but not enough of them do anymore. Thus, we have come to the point where Conservatives are no longer the only ones fed up with Obama’s presidency. Check out Dana Milbank: Obama seems numb to this latest ‘shellacking’ of Democrats. That begins with these words.
“I hear you,” President Obama said to the voters who gave Democrats an electoral drubbing in Tuesday’s midterm elections.
But their message went in one presidential ear and out the other.
The Republican victory was a political earthquake, giving the opposition party control of the Senate, expanding its House majority to a level not seen in generations and burying Democratic gubernatorial candidates. (continue here)
If the Liberal news media starts piling onto Obama, that will be worse than anything Conservatives might do or say. To figure out that much we just have to remember how they treated George W. Bush.