- Scottish independence: how would Scotland defend itself? (www.theguardian.com) – The focus here how Scotland would extricate itself from the United Kingdom without rendering itself defenseless. That is not as nutty a concern as it might sound to some. One of the reasons the founders of this nation formed the United State was to prevent the states from fighting each other. Now we expect two Peoples, intricately connected to each other to disentangle without a fuss. 😆 Let’s just pray it stays funny.
- Stakes are high for jobs and industry (www.eveningtimes.co.uk) – Here the concern is jobs and money in the UK’s defense industry.
Frankly, I don’t think either of the two articles above illustrates just how insane this breakup would be. Relative to the United States, the UK is already poor, and this childish behavior will only make matters worst.
- WHAT QUALIFIES OUR MOST “BELOVED” POLITICIANS? at the Prince William-Manassas Family Alliance. Here the blogger uses the labor force participation rate to show that the Federal Government is sucking the life out of our economy.
- Victoria Osteen at insanitybytes22. I know next to nothing about Joel and Victoria Osteen, and what I have heard has not inspired any desire to investigate further. This blog post, for example.
- Death and the Afterlife… What’s Next? at Settled In Heaven. We forget Christianity by word of mouth. Excited believers use nothing more than the example of their own lives and the force of argument. We never consider how foolish it is for us not to read the Bible, the first book printed, the best seller ever. Unlike our backward forebears, the people who created Western Civilization, we are just too sophisticated to read the Bible. Unfortunately, even the most sophisticated people die and rot, no matter how lovely their lives or their funerals.
- A Day of Praise at The Life Project: Finding Clear and Simple Faith. It is the little things that people pull out of the scripture that make it endlessly interesting.
- King Solomon, Queen of Sheba, Goddess of Wisdom at Rudy u Martinka. Here in his fictional account Rudy considers the origin of the Goddess of Wisdom.
- Upcoming 9/11… is there something to beware of? at MY SOAPBOX. Here nanarhonda recounts a very strange conversation. Note that the vote of the person she talked to counts just as much as anybody else’s. Note also that almost all of us are at least a little be addled. Hence, I am inclined to believe we should only trust our government to do what must be done and nobody else can do. Then we should sincerely beg for God’s mercy.
- Storage solutions for crazy cat ladies at the bluebird of bitterness. The bluebird likes cats? Now that’s crazy.