Even though life is miraculous and marvelously complex, the argument against abortion is simple. Therefore, this video makes a simple argument against the murder of the unborn. Nevertheless, many refuse to understand, and they reject the argument. Why? When we want to do something we should not do, we will not allow ourselves to be persuaded we sin. That’s why every law must satisfy three conditions.
- The vast majority of people must understand the law.
- The vast majority of people must support the law.
- The law must be enforceable. In the vast majority of cases, it must be possible to make the offender suffer a penalty appropriate to the crime.
Thus, there are two problems with making a law that would simply prohibit abortion.
- Too many refuse to believe the killing of the unborn is murder. These people will not support a straightforward law against abortion.
- Modern medical technology is making it easier for a mother to kill her unborn child. In particular, if an abortion is performed early in a pregnancy, that abortion can easily be made difficult to detect and prove.
Nonetheless, government exists to protect our rights. Therefore, We the People must do our best to protect the rights of the unborn. That begins by protecting their right to life. To protect the rights of the unborn, we must find a will, and we must find a way.