Listen to this little video. H/T to Video: John Boehner Says Right Wing Has “Lost All Credibility” (www.bluevirginia.us)
Here is an example of what those terrible Conservatives said about the deal.
Heritage Action cannot support a budget deal that would increase spending in the near-term for promises of woefully inadequate long-term reductions. While imperfect, the sequester has proven to be an effective tool in forcing Congress to reduce discretionary spending, and a gimmicky, spend-now-cut-later deal will take our nation in the wrong direction. (from here)
Nobody may have “seen” the deal, but Congressmen Paul Ryan and Senator Patty Murray have not kept the deal a big secret. Here are some stories that came out before the announcement.
- Why the timing is right for a budget deal (www.politico.com)
- Reports: Ryan and Murray nearing partial budget deal without tax increase (www.washingtonpost.com)
- Compromise taking shape to avoid another government shutdown (articles.latimes.com)
Note what the LA Times called the objective, preventing a shutdown of our sacred, happily spending every cent it can take from us government.
Consider also who is praising Boehner these days.
- Senator Harry Reid — Reid: Boehner’s response to conservative groups ‘a breath of fresh air’ (www.nbcnews.com)
- Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi — Nancy Pelosi on deal: ‘Embrace the suck’ (www.politico.com)
- White House — House approves budget deal aimed at averting shutdown (www.cnn.com)
For Boehner to be a Conservative, the Democratic Party:
- Would have to be far less Liberal.
- Give up on Socialism.
- Be more interested in reducing government power.
- Lead by politicians who don’t routinely tell blatant lies.