This post fits in well with my last post, https://citizentom.com/2013/10/15/our-preposterous-excuse-for-government/. Consider OUR PREPOSTEROUS EXCUSE FOR GOVERNMENT with respect to Rob Barkman’s Bible exposition.
We each need look carefully first at ourselves and then those about us.
Do we think ourselves wise? Are we following the example of those who have proven themselves wise?
Have we chosen to be worldly. Have we forgotten to prepare for ourselves treasures in heaven for the life to come?
Who do we hold in esteem? Do we admire honorable men and women, or do we respect men and women who have achieved what the world calls success? Do we admire people who use the end to justify the means?
Enemies Of The Lord: The Fool 2: Proverbs 26:8-12
8) As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so [is] he that giveth honour to a fool.
9) [As] a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so [is] a parable in the mouth of fools.
10) The great [God] that formed all [things] both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.
11) As a dog returneth to his vomit, [so] a fool returneth to his folly.
12) Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? [there is] more hope of a fool than of him.
In this chapter, Solomon describes for us three of the greatest enemies of the Lord:
1. The Fool (vs 1-12), One who does not apply…
View original post 1,641 more words