Here is the story.
A rift has developed among congressional Republicans over whether to try to defund Obamacare as part of any government funding bill.
According to Politico, Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Rep. Mark Meadows of North Carolina circulated letters urging their respective colleagues to join in the effort.
However, some GOP senators who first signed on to the plan now have backed away from it.
More than 60 House Republicans — including Justin Amash of Michigan, Jim Jordan of Ohio, and Michele Bachmann of Minnesota — have signed the House letter calling on Speaker John Boehner to attach Obamacare-defunding language to a larger budget bill. The Senate letter also has support from leading conservatives, including Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Rand Paul of Kentucky. (continued at GOP Rift Grows Over Obamacare Funding at newsmax)
Because the public opposes Obamacare and because the Tea Party supported them, Republicans now have a majority in Congress. So have Republicans actually done anything to stop the implementation of Obamacare? No. They have taken symbolic votes in opposition, and that’s it.
Here is an opportunity to defund the implementation of Obamacare. If Democrats refuse to accept even a continuing resolution that defunds Obamacare, then Democrats will be shutting down the government. Unfortunately, because RINOs fear the corporate news media — who will hate them anyway — they will not fight. They will only pass symbolic, meaningless resolutions opposing Obamacare. Why is that? Here is the answer. If we don’t get our government-funded goodies, they think we will boot them out of office.
Are the RINOs right? Have we figured out Big Government is both too costly and too evil? Have we figured out that a government that steals from one group to give to another group eventually enslaves both groups?
If you have figured out the problem with Big Government, please call or write your congressman. If we want Obamacare defunded, we have to make the RINOs more afraid of us than they are of the corporate news media.
- The GOP Isn’t Going To Be Able To Force A Defunding Of ObamaCare (minx.cc)
- GOP Feuds Over Obamacare Funding (joemiller.us)
- Karl Rove against defunding Obamacare, says let it collapse under its own weight (therightscoop.com)
- Has Missouri Senator Roy Blunt Gone Wobbly on Obamacare? (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Burr: Shutdown over defunding ObamaCare ‘dumbest idea’ ever (thehill.com)
- Sen. Sessions: We Should Do Everything We Can to Undo Obamacare (cnsnews.com)
- Boehner Non-Committal on Defunding Obamacare Mandate Through Must-Pass CR Bill (cnsnews.com)