H/T to boudicabpi. See Military Punishes Soldier for Serving Chick-fil-A.
Please think about the absurdity. Here is a guy celebrating a promotion. So what happens when the Obama administration’s political officers hear he has said and done something politically incorrect?
A U.S. Army serviceman has been reprimanded for serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at a party celebrating his promotion to master sergeant.
The unidentified soldier was investigated, reprimanded, threatened with judicial action, and given a bad efficiency report after sending invitations that read, “In honor of my promotion and in honor of the Defense of Marriage Act, I’m serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at my promotion party,” according to the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty.
“They say he is no longer a team player and was not performing up to standards,” Chaplain Alliance Executive Director Ron Crews told Fox News. “This is just one little example of a case of a soldier just wanting to express his views and now he’s been jumped on by the military.”(continued here)
If we allow the Obama administration to get away with this sort of hypocrisy, we are finished as nation. Think about it. This guy had just been promoted to master sergeant. That’s a senior enlisted rank. Would the Obama administration put its boot on his neck if he had:
- Served hotdogs wrapped in edible condoms to honor”safe sex,” Planned Parenthood, and “gay rights.”
- Chastised the drivers of large SUVs and provided table decorations and brochures that explained the virtues of windmills and solar power panels
- Provided a multi-cultural meal that demonstrated his tolerance for Islam, Wicca, and Atheists.
- And so forth.
Yet honoring a restaurant chain for its defense of traditional marriage is insubordinate?
Here are some other articles on this story.
- Army soldier serves Chick-fil-A at pro-DOMA party, is punished
- Army smacks soldier for serving Chick-fil-A
As ridiculous as it sounds, this is for real.
- Army Master Sergeant Disciplined for Celebrating Promotion and Honoring Defense of Marriage Act (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Soldier Told Not to Read Levin, Limbaugh or Hannity in Uniform (radio.foxnews.com)
- Army Punishes Soldier For Serving Chick-fil-A At Promotion Party (patdollard.com)
- Army Master Sergeant Disciplined for Honoring Defense of Marriage Act (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Army Master Sergeant Disciplined for Celebrating Promotion and Honoring Defense of Marriage Act (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
The Group Think enforcers are starting with those they can control through economic means, those dependent upon the federal government for their paychecks and promotions.
Obviously there is no room for personal opinion, morals or standards that deviate from the progressive agenda. I suppose next they will start demoting military members who send Christmas cards that contain a religious message.
The people who serve in our military. Because they love their country, they trust us no to abuse military discipline. When we elect social engineers like Barack Obama, we have clearly abuse that trust.
I originally missed including the clip, now corrected. Here it is.
Thank you. Good clip!
Chick-Fil-A serves good food. Even my lady likes the place, and that’s saying something.
Wow, I wish Alaska had Chick-Fil-A, just so I could go buy some sandwiches as protest … and, I don’t even eat fast-food chicken sandwiches EVER.