In his post, Killing The Retards, Harry at To Be Right! reacts angrily to Socialist Democrat hypocrisy. Ann Coulter, who makes her living insulting Socialist Democrats, made the “mistake” of tweeting that politically incorrect word “retard”. Of course, Harry is hardly the only person who posted on the Democrat reaction to Coulter’s remark. Linda at NooneOfAnyImport’s Blog, posted Warning: This Post is Offensive. Instead of cowering quietly in the shadows when the politically correct castigate us for insensitivity, it seems that Conservatives are now just getting fed up.
Meanwhile, our Socialist Democrat friends call Conservatives, racists, bullshitters, stupid, and so forth. So what should we do? Perhaps we should pray for such people.
Instead of calling Socialist Democrats names, we need to focus on winning an election. Participating in name calling will not get us there.
When candidates compete in an election, what is the issue? Don’t we want to select the most qualified candidate? Therefore, don’t we need to compare the qualifications of the candidates?
What are President Barack Obama’s qualifications?
- He is a fine actor. Just by being elected President of the United States, Barack Obama convinced the Nobel prize committee that he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize. Obviously, Obama’s show of confidence convinced the committee that he had already solved the problem.
- He is a genius. In a grand experiment with the American economy, he has emphatically proven the Keynesian economic theory does not work. No economist can claim credit for providing the proof, but Obama most certainly can.
- He is a super salesman. Obama’s charm exceeds that of every other president elected heretofore. Whereas the American news media stubbornly insisted upon vetting all previous candidates, Obama sent such thrills up their legs that they defended him with dogged devotion. Only recently has their loyalty sagged. Some of the news media — Benghazi: Obama’s Actions Amount To A Shameful Dereliction Of Duty — well Forbes is not a good example, have resorted to random acts of journalism. Reuters maybe? White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails.
- He is innovative. Whereas all previous Socialist Democrats gained renown by taxing and spending huge sums of money, Obama broke new ground by running fabulously large deficits. See www.usgovernmentspending.com.
Anyway, you get the picture. What about Mitt Romney?
- Romney is only a moderately successful businessman.
- He has some experience as a politician. Really, what serious Republican would brag about being elected as the governor of Massachusetts?
- He headed the U.S. Olympic Committee for a while. Personally, I have little interest in spectator sports — well, is the fact he rescued them that year from a financial mess really worth mentioning?
- His public character has twice survived being vetted by a hostile national news media. Got to admit that is remarkable.
Unfortunately, there is just not as much to say about Romney. By comparison to Obama, Romney is such a square. But I suppose that makes Romney at least a little bit more trustworthy.