Why is this still here? I have to find 15 deserving bloggers to nominate, and I just chose my last nominee. — Updated 5 Sep 2012.
My Blog and Biltrix honored me with this award. Unfortunately, instead of doing this post right away after my nomination by My Blog, I procrastinated. Forgetting the nature of memes, I waited too long. Therefore, Biltrix also provided a nomination.
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Done
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Done
3. State seven things about yourself. – As my About page states: This blog is not about me. So when I am asked to talk about myself, I find it awkward and somewhat contrary to the purpose of the blog. Therefore, I will speak to the purpose of the blog. Done (see below).
- I Love my God. That is something that I realized less than a decade ago. It is better to become a Christian late than never to become one. Nonetheless, when I look back, there are so many thing I could have done I did not do and so many things I should not have done. So there is more I must ask my God to forgive.
- I have two daughters. As I understand and have seen, when some have their first child, the realization of that responsibility draws them to God. I was a bit to cold for that. Instead, my lady raised my children as Christians, and it was the example of my children that led me to my God.
- I am a grandfather. In a sense, a grandchild is a second chance. With the birth of that child, even the thickest head begins to understand that with our children we leave a legacy. What kind of world will we leave behind for our children? Will we leave a Christian nation that operates as a constitutional republic or a godless nation run by tyrannical regime?
- I consider religion inseparable from politics. What we believe about God determines what we believe about the purpose of government. If we believe in a God who loves each of us and in a God who gives each of us our rights, then and only then will we respect the rights of others.
- I believe we can do nothing on our own worthy of boasting. As great as our accomplishments might seem, compared to our flaws and to what we must do, they amount to nothing. We cannot justify our existence. We cannot surmount death. We can only put our faith in The One who is perfect.
Romans 5:1-5 Good News Translation (GNT)
1 Now that we have been put right with God through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.2 He has brought us by faith into this experience of God’s grace, in which we now live. And so we boast of the hope we have of sharing God’s glory!3 We also boast of our troubles, because we know that trouble produces endurance,4 endurance brings God’s approval, and his approval creates hope.5 This hope does not disappoint us, for God has poured out his love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God’s gift to us.
- I believe man is innately evil, that we cannot through our own efforts perfect ourselves. If we must depend upon our own efforts, then we have no reason for hope. Our need for God is real. Only if there is a Creator who loves us do we have cause for hope.
Psalm 39:7 Amplified Bible (AMP)
And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation are in You.
- I believe that our salvation depends upon obeying God’s commandment to love Him and each other.
Luke 10:27 Amplified Bible (AMP)
And he replied, You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. TBD
- To Be Right!: Here is a blog that advocates Conservatism and our nation’s Founding Principles. Harry Brooks, the Editor, delights in exposing the nonsense (see Liberal Language – What Words Mean To The Left) that is Liberalism.
- That Mr. G Guy’s Blog: Provides Mike’s views on politics and the world in general. Mike’s blog just goes wherever his passions take him. Over the last couple of years, I have happily read That Mr. G Guy’s Blog and invited Mike to comment here. Hopefully, that will continue well into the future, but Mike could use our prayers, I Have Hepatitis C…Thanks Uncle Sam!
- YOU DECIDE: By posting portions of Today God Is First, YOU DECIDE provides a solid Christian, Biblical perspective. In addition, YOU DECIDE blogs on an eclectic assortment of topics. That includes some great recipes: Anthony Makes it Big!
- Deo Vindice: Here is Deo Vindice‘s tag line: The Great Commission, The Great Experiment, Virginia and my musings. Like this blog, Deo Vindice provides posts that offer a Conservative perspective on politics and posts that advocate Christian beliefs. Sometimes, however, the author, James Atticus Bowden, strays into different topics. Here is one that offers a personal perspective. See Brae Bonnie Bonnie Kyle Buchanan.
- The Lorinov Report: On his About page, the author of the The Lorinov Report, Rob Lorinov, includes this line.
I am a democrat but many classify me as a libertarian.
I must admit I chuckled when I read that. How can anyone be both a Democrat and a Libertarian? Whatever his political persuasion, Lorinov is not happy with the people we currently have in charge. Check out Obama Poodles Begin Attacks!
- PWC Education Reform Blog: Here is a blog with a specific purpose, reforming the public school system in Prince William County (see Who We Are). Frankly, I think trying to make the public school system work hopeless, but what the PWC Education Reform Blog is doing is fighting an important battle in a larger war. When our soldiers fought in World War II, those who fought the first battles fought for time. When the folks at the PWC Education Reform Blog fight their battles — for the benefit of the children who are stuck in it — they try to make a bad system work until it can be replaced. How bad is it? Well, some of the teachers are cheating on the VA SOL, PWCS Teachers Cheating on VA SOL. What is the VA SOL? This is what politicians do when they don’t know what to do. Instead of trying to build quality into their product (childhood education), they try to test quality into their product.
- NooneOfAnyImport’s Blog: This blog presents the personal experiences and the political beliefs of a lady with a husband in the military and two boys that she homeschools. About That Enthusiasm Gap . . . is her latest political post. A picture is word quite a few words, I hear.
- Virginia Virtucon: Want to read a Conservative blog supported by a large group of volunteer writers, a blog where you never quite know what to expect. Then Virginia Virtucon is the place you want to go. Here are some recent examples. Democrats Claim McDonnell “Poisoned” Biden is just plain satire, The PWC Board Of “Clown” Supervisors? provides an excellent example of commentary on local events, and Why Paul Ryan will be the next Vice President of the United States offers a great analysis of Romney’s pick for vice president.
- Voting American: This is often a sad blog. With an apocalyptic vision of dismal future, Voting American campaigns against the prospect of a second term for Barack Obama. What America Can Expect in an Obama Second Term states the case explicitly — and grimly. Fortunately, from time-to-time Voting American offers the glimmering prospect of an alternative future, Meet President Obama’s Worst Nightmare.
- Freedom, by the way: This blog often exposes me to something I thought I knew about, but I needed to take another look. In Black Bishop Calls on All Christians to Leave Democratic Party, Freedom, by the way reblogs a post from pumabydesign001′s blog. In her post, bydesign001 echos Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr. call for Christians to turn our backs on the Democratic Party. Help! I’ve started posting comments on Huff Puff. discusses via comments whether it makes any sense to comment on a Liberal Democrat website.
- THE FAMILY FOUNDATION BLOG: Because its focus is on Virginia and issues I care about, THE FAMILY FOUNDATION BLOG is something I should visit more often. There is lots of great information. Consider Family Foundation Chaplain Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr., To Speak At Virginia Tea Party Convention. When I wanted to learn more about Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr., that blog turned up as a great place to find out about the man. What is it with the Left. “Equality NOT Tolerance” discusses the Left’s perverted notion of tolerance.
- pumabydesign001′s blog: Symbolized by a glowering puma, pumabydesign001′s blog is the domain of an unapologetically fierce American, Black female, Christian, Conservative and a Sagittarian (see About). Sagittarian? 😆 What pumabydesign001′s blog specializes in is information gathering. Hence we have a New York blog informing Virginians about Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr.‘s call, Black Bishop Calls on All Christians to Leave Democratic Party. In ELECTION 2012: Paul Ryan speech at The Villages, Florida 08182012, bydesign001 makes interesting an observation. With the selection of Rep Paul Ryan as his Vice Presidential pick, Mitt Romney can credibly make Medicare (thus Obamacare) a campaign issue.
- Disrupt The Narrative: Here is a website that does not mince words.
Disrupting the MSM distorters, from MesSNBC to American Pravda (AP) and the rest. They all develop their leftist narratives and stick to ‘em like glue. We disrupt. (from About)
The writing is plain and direct — without any self-aggrandizement. Here are some examples. Obama’s America 2012: 24+/- Hours in Chicago. 30 Shot. 7 Dead So Far. But Gun Laws Live. asks a direct question:
Why would anyone willingly live there or subject their loved ones to such danger and depravity? And why would anyone willingly vote for a Democrat party that ushers in this sort of insanity? And why would anyone vote for the Chicago-ization of America as a whole?
Rally! praises Paul Ryan.
- Settled In Heaven: What is Settled In Heaven about? Rob Barkman, a Baptist Pastor, preaches the message of salvation. Why? Here Barkman explains.
Jesus has forgiven me of all my sins, given me the ability to serve Him, and has secured my future eternity with Him. Having done all of this for me, I owe Him all my heart, my soul and my mind. This blog is my feeble attempt to serve Him. I thank Him for this privilege. To Christ be all the glory. (from here)
Barkman does his best to teach what is in the Bible. As he provides commentary, he asks you to read the Bible with him — to see and comprehend for yourself. For example, The Precious Word Bible Study Series – The Word Reveals Our Source of Lasting Joy (Lesson #9) is Barkman’s latest installment in a Bible study series. Search his blog for “The Precious Word Bible Study Series,” and you can start at the beginning.
- blogsense-by-barb: Here is a blog that has a bent like my own. It mixes politics and religion. The Muslims Trojan Horse is blogsense-by-barb‘s latest post. Undoubtedly, some will decry that post as extreme muslim bashing. However, what is extreme is the Democratic Party. When the people who call you extreme support a Federal Government that insists upon spending almost 4 trillion dollars a year, borrowing money from Red China and Saudi Arabia to finance a huge deficit, and sticking their nose into everybody else’s business; it’s silly to take their accusations of extremism seriously! To Democrats, Muslims are just another screwy fringe group they think they can bring under the protective wing of their crazed coalition. That coalition already supports abortion (Life or Death?), race-baiting (Democrats, Republicans and Race), socialism (The Distinction between Government and Society), illegal immigration (Shocker of the Week: Illegal Immigrants Exploit Obama Amnesty Program to Stay in U.S.), environmental extremism (PRESIDENT OBAMA ISSUES MAJOR ‘GREEN ENERGY’ EXECUTIVE ORDER), homosexuality (The Most Faith-Intolerant Regime in the History of Our Republic), and so forth.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements. Fifteen down and no longer counting.