When we consider our political system, we should wonder about the depth of the corruption. Just how deceptive are the people who want to lead us? Is there any doubt that they are extremely deceptive? Here is an example.
On Wednesday, Mitt Romney Senior Advisor Eric Fehrnstrom had an interview with CNN’s Soledad O’Brien on Starting Point. Here, Romney advisor: ‘Big win in a big state;’ ‘you hit a reset button for the fall campaign’, is a link to the CNN story and video. What Fehrnstrom did is compare Romney’s currently Conservative platform to an Etch A Sketch drawing. Come fall, after Romney has the Republican nomination well in hand, Romney will “kind of shake it up” and “start all over again.” Considering the reaction, Romney probably did not want his adviser to admit his platform is so malleable.
Of course, Romney’s opponents publicized his adviser’s words.
- In Etch-A-Sketch: Can Mitt Romney shake off his aide’s Mr. Potato Head gaffe? (+video) The Christian Science Monitor reports what Romney’s opponents had to say. That includes a video Rick Santorum’s remarks.
- The Christian Science Monitor even has a blog post (Sorry, Romney, it’s no longer an Etch A Sketch world) by Robert Reich, the Secretary Labor during Bill Clinton’s administration. When they take a position, even Democrats can claim that they are more steadfast than Romney.
- The New York Daily News reports in Etch A Sketch stocks soar in aftermath of Mitt Romney, Eric Fehrnstrom gaffe that the maker of Etch A Sketch is enjoying the attention. Apparently, having presidential candidates campaigning with an Etch A Sketch in hand is great advertising. Thus, this article includes a video of New Gingrich with an Etch A Sketch.
Fortunately for Romney, one of Romney’s “opponents” is attacking his opponents. Romney’s ever reliable sidekick, Ron Paul, has gone into action.
Ron Paul is quite willing to criticize his Conservative opponents? Nonetheless, Paul is entirely unable to criticize a big-spending Liberal, the inventor of Romneycare, the man whose healthcare bill served as the model for Obamacare.
- Why Romney Can’t Beat Obama
- WHY WE CANNOT GIVE UP ON REPEALING OBAMACARE
- THE MOST ELECTABLE CANDIDATE
- IN THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY RACE FOR PRESIDENT, WHO IS THE PHONY?