Mitt Romney: Is Romney a Conservative? No, Romney is a flip-flop artist. I have a series of posts that document his ability to say whatever he thinks the electorate wants to hear. See 2012 PRESIDENTIAL PROS AND CONS: GENERAL OBSERVATIONS ON MITT ROMNEY. Here is a specific example from Slate.com: The Conversion: How, when, and why Mitt Romney changed his mind on abortion.
- The Daily Caller provides some analysis here: Ron Paul: Santorum an ‘addict of conspiracies,’ alliance with Romney pure fiction
- Escape Tyranny.com details Mark Levin’s analysis in Mark Levin’s exposition on Ron Paul’s odd alliance with Mitt Romney and lifelong hatred of conservative
- STUDY: Ron Paul Never Attacked Romney Once During 20 Debates, But Attacked Romney’s Rivals 39 Times provides ThinkProgress‘ analysis of the debates.
Why does Paul attack every other Republican candidate besides Romney, the phony Conservative? Who knows, but it seems Paul has finally felt the need to go after Romney too, Ron Paul Campaign Finally Goes After Mitt Romney.
Newt Gingrich: Is Gingrich a Conservative? His record as Speaker of the House says he was. However, he has assumed some positions, such as supporting the healthcare mandate that raise concerns. See 2012 PRESIDENTIAL PROS AND CONS: GENERAL OBSERVATIONS ON NEWT GINGRICH.
Rick Santorum: Is Santorum a Conservative? Yes. Santorum may not be Conservative as some would like. For example, he supported the reelection of Arlen Specter (see here). However, he hardly gave Specter a ringing endorsement.
Check out the following posts. While Santorum may not be perfect, he at least is not as phony as his rivals.
- DAVID BROOKS LIKES RICK SANTORUM’S 21ST-CENTURY PHILOSOPHY OF GOVERNMENT?
- What Do Republican Voters See in Rick Santorum?
- Rick Santorum Was On Fire At CPAC 2012 — Full Speech (via Catholibertarian)
- AN ENTHUSIAST FOR RICK SANTORUM
- 2012 PRESIDENTIAL PROS AND CONS: GENERAL OBSERVATIONS ON RICK SANTORUM