Oh! Oh! Not again! Another meme. Darn! I don’t get enough practice to take compliments well.
blogsense-by-barb just nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. See OFFICIAL THANKS TO FRIENDS AND FANS! Many thank yous to blogsense-by-barb. Please make certain you visit her blog. It is worth the time.
What are the rules associated with this award? If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- Get your awards here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com
Pretty simple. Right? Well, if I left it that way, it would be a chore, not fun. So I intend to stretch this out into 15 more posts. How?
There are seven deadly sins: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. In the series that follows this post, we will visit seven blogs and highlight those posts that expose the evils of one of the deadly sins. Of course, for such versatile blogging I will nominate each of these bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
There are also seven virtues: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility. In the next seven posts we visit seven blogs and highlight those posts that explain how we attain to each of these virtues. Of course, for such versatile blogging I will also nominate each of these bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Finally, there is simply virtue, that which makes one virtuous. I will nominate a blogger dedicated to explaining how we can best apply Christian teachings as exemplified by Christ.
Somewhere along the line I also need to tell folks seven things about myself? Do I do that when we are elaborating on sins or virtues? …….I will have to think about that.
Of course, I hope no one to takes any of this too seriously. What I am looking for is an excuse to survey blogs that I enjoy. A method to my madness? Why not!
This completes the first two tasks. Next week we will discuss wrath.
List Of Nominees
December 4, 2012 – What is Evil: See PART 9.