I got the following nonsense in an email.
Great history lesson. Some things we learned in school, and some we learned in church…
Near the bottom–the part highlighted in green–will give you GOOSEBUMPS!!!
You don’t want to miss this! ((*_*) )
1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq .
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq ..
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq .
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq ..
6. Isaac’s wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq …
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq .
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh – which is in Iraq …
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel .
10. Amos cried out in Iraq ..
11 Babylon , which is in Iraq , destroyed Jerusalem ..
12. Daniel was in the lion’s den in Iraq .
3. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!).
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the ‘writing on the wall’ in Iraq .
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq .
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq ..
17. The wise men were from Iraq ..
18. Peter preached in Iraq .
19. The ‘Empire of Man’ described in Revelation is called Babylon –which was a cityin Iraq.
And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.
But do you know which nation is second?
It is Iraq !
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.
The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia … The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers .
The name Iraq means country with deep roots.
Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.
No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated
with it than Iraq.
And also, this is something to think about:
Since America is
typically represented by an eagle.
Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages …
The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
Koran (9:11 ) – For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.
(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!
The reference to the Koran, verse 9:11, is a big fat lie. That makes any statement in this email unworthy of our trust.
But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know. (from here)
Obviously, even a bad translation of verse 9:11 would have nothing to do with eagles.
Why people pass on emails like the above is not hard to understand. The email says what we want to believe. However, just because an email says what we want it to say does not make it true; it just makes it easier to be taken in.
No soldier of Christ Jesus should spread such lies. Lies do not build up His church. Lies cannot strengthen the faith of His people. Therefore, we must verify the content of such a message BEFORE we pass it on to others. When it is so easy, we have no excuse. If you know how to forward an email to your family, friends, and neighbors, you can figure out how to use a Google, Yahoo, Microsoft… search engine. You just have to take the time. Please do so.