- SWAC Girl had a couple of posts with New Year’s Resolutions. The first was quote from Michael Reagan, Michael Reagan: “GOP needs to work together”. This is a resolution for the purists who sat out the last presidential election. The second, Happy New Media New Year from Family Foundation, suggests the importance of the new media in combating the statist’s (my word) agenda.
- At Blue Commonwealth, Elaine in Roanoke resolves to pester her new Republican delegate (YAY!) about bipartisan redistricting (Should Republicans consider how a Democrat defines bipartisan? 😈 ). She also resolves to stay politically involved. See Resolutions for a Cynical Progressive.
- The resident blogger at the Prince William and Manassas Family Alliance website, provides a compelling reason to pray and resolved to do so, IS IT JUST ANOTHER DAY?
- In New Year’s Resolutions…And Facebook Rant, Anon at the The TOXIC Mud Pit provides an eclectic mix of personal and political resolutions. What is odd is that all these resolutions seem to be for other people, “I don’t do New Year’s resolutions because, well, it’s pretty tough to improve on what I’ve got going on.” 😀
- United Conservatives of Virginia wishes us all a Happy New Year! and asks us to resolve to “Get involved! Be active! Think critically and take action!”
- Loudoun Insider at Too Conservative did not put up resolutions. Instead he listed New Year’s Wishes, Loudoun New Year’s Wishes.
- With Thoughts for the New Year, Fishersville Mike linked to a list of New Year’s Wishes. Some are quite funny. They are all worth your time.
- In Barack Obama: Brighter Days Are Ahead Of Us, Blue Virginia sends us President Barack Obama’s best wishes.
- Finally, here are some Christmas and New Year’s wishes from the FAMILYFOUNDATIONBLOG.COM, Merry Christmas To Liberals; Merry Christmas To Conservatives. This a post they “couldn’t resist passing on, from our friends Jim Hoeft and the gang at BearingDrift.com.” Read it and you will see why.
What is my New Year’s resolution? Well, I think resolving to pray more is an excellent idea. If we are not doing what God would have us do, then all the other resolutions matter for naught. That prayer will include requesting that God bless our leaders, even the Democrats. If we cannot pick the right people to lead us (and we do not seem to be doing a good job), perhaps God will straighten them out for us. Anyway, it cannot hurt to hope and pray that He will.