This page lists documents/websites relevant to our history. By no means, however, is this list intended to be comprehensive. If you need such a list, see the reference websites at the bottom.
Founding Documents of the United States of America and Legal Code
Laws of the Virginia Commonwealth
- Prince William County Code (Weirdly directs the user to a private web site. Portions of the code are available on-line for free. I suppose the use of a private vendor is suppose to save us money, but the cost of the complete Prince William County, VA Code of Ordinances, excluding sales taxes, is $344.24.).
- Freedom of Information Act (Virginia has its own version and it applies to local and state government.
Related Historic Documents
- 384 BC-322 BC – Politics: A Treatise on Government, by Aristotle
- 1297 -Magda Carta
- 1689 – Two Treatises of Government, by John Locke
- 1774-1779 – The American Crisis, by Thomas Paine
- 1776 -Common Sense, by Thomas Paine
- 1776 – Virginia Declaration of Rights
- 1787 -The Virginia Plan
- 1787 – 1788 – The Federalist Papers or here at Project Gutenberg
- 1787 – 1788 – The Anti-Federalist Papers at LibriVox
- 1787 – James Madison Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention
State and Local
- History of Virginia, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Prince William County, Virginia – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Virginia Historical Society short history of state, with teacher guide
- Virginia History: Virginia Is For Lovers – oriented towards tourism
- Virginia History and Culture Resources on the Internet – oriented towards tourism
- Books and Maps about Historic Prince William County
- Ameritopia by Mark R. Levin
- Saving Freedom by Senator Jim Demint
- The Road to Serfdom by F. A. Hayek,
You are welcome to nominate websites that I should include in this list, and this page is open for comments on the documents on this list. However, comments will eventually be deleted.