The wisdom contained in the Old Testament is much neglected, but not at SettledInHeaven.org.
Originally posted on SettledInHeaven.org Blog:
Temptation: Avoid It’s Enticement With Contentment: Prov 5:15-19
15) Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.
16) Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, [and] rivers of waters in the streets.
17) Let them be only thine own, and not strangers’ with thee.
18) Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
19) [Let her be as] the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
In this section, he will give proverbs that emphasize contentment as a means of gaining victory over the many temptations this world has to offer. Solomon uses pictures of thirst and the desire for physical intimate relations to represent our unfulfilled…
View original 1,075 more words